Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Joe Gibbs Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure that's how that works out. I asked them about the shipping and they said they ship alot of their trucks all ove the country so they have to have something inplace for this.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cstchevy
I am pretty sure that's how that works out. I asked them about the shipping and they said they ship alot of their trucks all ove the country so they have to have something inplace for this.
Yeah its just that the gibbs truck looks really really good but i guess i can always be unique and come up with something even better. I mean its already gonna have 410 hp and run mid 13's and thats saying alot from a truck.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XFACTOR
Yeah its just that the gibbs truck looks really really good but i guess i can always be unique and come up with something even better. I mean its already gonna have 410 hp and run mid 13's and thats saying alot from a truck.
Hey man just remmeber if you want a Joe Gibbs and you can Afford it F*** it buy it but it would be better to build one the same We had a guy here from the RGV that had a Whipple on his 03 SS Conversion SCSB i think it was in the mid 12's
Old 06-16-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
Hey man just remmeber if you want a Joe Gibbs and you can Afford it F*** it buy it but it would be better to build one the same We had a guy here from the RGV that had a Whipple on his 03 SS Conversion SCSB i think it was in the mid 12's
Thats hauling for a truck. Yeah but like 38-40,000 for a reg cab is stupid u get rebates and all so i will just have to see. If not im going with the Chapman deal!!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

This is the one im talking about! its just a Regular 5.3 then he modded it
Attached Thumbnails Joe Gibbs Silverado-sssssss.jpg  
Old 06-16-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had it to do over again, I would have explored the Whipple and the Kenne Bell a little more before my Radix purchase. Twin screws make more HP than modified roots style blowers (i.e. Radix), and I think they have more potential.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

This is the one im talking about! its just a Regular 5.3 then he modded it
Sweet truck-wouldnt mind that at all!!
Old 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

I'm wondering if they do anything to the trannies in the JG and Chapman truck w/the Radix. Everyone here says the tranny will have a very short life if around 400hp, and I'm sure Magnacharger/GM doesn't like swapping trannies under warranty every 15k miles with these trucks

I dont drive very aggressively so I'm not too worried about my trans with the Radix (however I'm prepared to call up FLP if something goes south on me) - but when you buy one of these s/c chevys that are under warranty, youre most likely thinking its going to be strong enough to romp on it - and have to get new trannies every 15k
Old 06-17-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around about the JG trucks. I am the rep in the Dallas area for these trucks.

First of all if you are on a tight budget there are better ways to have a fast truck if thats all you want. If you don't mind spending a little more and would like to have a awsome truck that will hold value and has a 5yr 75K powertrain warranty on a 395 HP truck then you might consider one.

There are many parts they were built exclusivly for these trucks. Instead of
using exhisting parts the front facia, wheels, gages, rear spoiler, badges, and interior seat uppolstry were are devoloped just for these trucks. In addition they went to some of the best in the business for the other parts that were selected. Magnachager, Bilstein, Corsa, and Baer, just to name a few.

These trucks are not just a conversion. They have gone through rigorus certification and crash testing. They are a joint venture between GM and JG Performance. Just like the factory SS truck the base chassis is built then it is shipped to a off sight specialty facility to finish the trucks. They have their own RPO and and ship codes. Currently there are about 30 JG Performance dealers in the US. These trucks are very limited producton and will some day become collectors items.

The sticker posted above is inflated on what the true MSRP is on these trucks. The TV shows and even the Gibbs sight says they sticker in the 34K range but what they don't tell you is that is for the 4.8 5 speed. To get the 4.8 5-speed you have to start with a base Silverado. The auto 5.3 is based on an LS package so it is a more expensive truck.

The auto trucks use a 3.60 and 5 speed trucks have 3.90 non replaceable pulley and make around 5.5 Lbs of boost. I had the 5 speed that was used on TV and in the magazines as a demo for the last few weeks It really supprised me how well the little 4.8 ran. I ordered no SC 4.8's because I thought everyon would want 5.3's After driving the demo I may order a few next time around. They are a very fun truck to drive and the fact that the price also includes the 5 yr 75 K warranty it makes it much better.

If you have any more questions about the trucks just let me know.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XFACTOR
Im looking at getting the reg cab edition as soon as i get my car back from MTI and can trade it in. What do you guys think about this truck-I was going to get a Lightning but i found out about this truck and im a chevy guy anyways!!!
Not much of a chevy guy if you considered buying a ford huh

Quick Reply: Joe Gibbs Silverado