Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Just got Alki

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im no expert, but have done a little research and played with it for a few months.
As for the A/F check out this thread, its probably something you could grasp
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...meth+injection

You know when you are spraying too much b/c the engine will bog.

It allows quite a bit more timing and boost, Im not sure how much yet, but Im doing 10# with 18* and there is alot more. I think I will be safe at 13-14# and 15-16* will keep you updated.

Ive read that spraying near the TB is best since you dont want it puddling in the tubing somewhere.

Water helps, but not near as much since it carries no where near the oxygen of meth. When my meth hits, you can feel it start pulling harder.

I dont think plugs need to be changed or regapped and meth is fine to spray when it is colder although your tune will need some tweeking i.e. less meth (in my case)
Old 02-19-2005, 02:29 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I finally got my Alki injection installed. Wow. It's unbelievable the difference it makes. It dropped my intake temps from 115 to 58, and this is pushin 21.6 lbs of boost. Will have some track times soon. Any boosted trucks should look into this.
fricken awesome!
Old 02-19-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya thats a lot questions. I'll get a list of items for you guys and pictures if you want. I spray right into the interlcooler (It's an A/W if you aren't familiar with our trucks) which is basically spraying into the TB like greentahoe said. I'm actually maxing out my turbo (26lbs) but I'm having boost control issues which will be addressed soon. This is on very aggressive timing too. Race fuel is pretty similar but it doesn't cool your IAT's like alki will, and it's a ton cheaper. I only had to order a few things like the pump, solenoid, nozzles, and switch. The rest I picked up at Ace Hardware, radio shack, and walmart (Just the container). We do have to close our gaps for our plugs. Our usual gap is 35 and we go down to 28. Don't really know about the weather, I'm in Az so it rarely gets below 50, even at night. There's a few combinations that people run instead of Methanol.