Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Keep or Sell After You Build a Truck??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep or Sell After You Build a Truck??

Alright so I have my 99 Z71. I bought it basically stock and put 33" Mud tires, fixed a dent, chromed it some, put exhaust, intake, and tune. Done swapped motors once (just 5.3 to 5.3). Now that the truck is basically done for all I'm going to do to it and it looks and runs like it should I find myself bored. Lately I've been thinking of buying some kind of muscle car like a Mustang, Camaro, or even a Corvette. But I don't want to sell it because I have a lot of money and time in it. What does everyone else do? Just keep it and keep doing little things to it or sell it and start all over?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

I guess modifying for looks is different than modding for power, because I'll never be done. And if I were to get tired of it, I would be afraid to sell it, because in my case the buyer would keep coming back with complaints about my half-assed fabrication.

Last edited by MikeGyver; 08-17-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Teching In

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love to put a cam, stall, etc in my truck but if I want speed I would buy a car that has more potentional and put money in that. Just didn't know if people get attached to their vehicles after they work on them or do they just move on.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

id buy the car. because it sounds like youre not a true truck guy in the first place. f a car lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never sell my truck, not only because I have way too much money into it, but also since it's my first vehicle (and only one I've owned so far). It's sentimental, and I've spent way too many weekends/late nights working on it.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
id buy the car. because it sounds like youre not a true truck guy in the first place. f a car lol.
LOL. Thats the most funniest thing I've heard all day. Especially since its coming from a guy with a lowered 4x4 with pretty little rims.

And DV2000NJ I know what you mean. This is my first truck to and I don't like the though of selling mine either. Just can't have everything I want I guess. Honestly I would like to drive a car for like 2 months, just to do a couple burnouts, ****** a couple gears, and just have some fun. Then get back to driving my truck.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DV2000NJ
I would never sell my truck, not only because I have way too much money into it, but also since it's my first vehicle (and only one I've owned so far). It's sentimental, and I've spent way too many weekends/late nights working on it.
oooooh, trust me, been there done that, and i want to get my truck out of my ******* life now.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by faster4whl
LOL. Thats the most funniest thing I've heard all day. Especially since its coming from a guy with a lowered 4x4 with pretty little rims.

And DV2000NJ I know what you mean. This is my first truck to and I don't like the though of selling mine either. Just can't have everything I want I guess. Honestly I would like to drive a car for like 2 months, just to do a couple burnouts, ****** a couple gears, and just have some fun. Then get back to driving my truck.
4x4 means traction. All you 2wd guys can spend all your time and money on caltracs, 4 links, slicks, adjustable shocks, clamping springs, fuel cells behind axles...I'll replace a clip in my transfer case and never worry about it again. I'm not the only one on this site, or this thread, with a lowered 4x4.

But crap I mean who needs traction in a truck, speed is for cars LOL funniest thing I've heard all day
Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by faster4whl
I mean don't get me wrong I'd love to put a cam, stall, etc in my truck but if I want speed I would buy a car that has more potentional and put money in that. Just didn't know if people get attached to their vehicles after they work on them or do they just move on.
Yea, but theres nothing like pulling up to a mustang at a light and blowing its doors off in a truck thats 2xs its weight or hooking up bumper to bumper with a rival make and tearing out his drivetrain or just the simple way you can take your girl (IF YOU AINT QUEER) off road and wear her ****** out in the woods, a field, or on the side of the interstate. Yea, you can do it in a car but it just aint the same.

Its a machine, keep it or sell it. It dont really matter about how much you love it or not. People usually sell things because they need the money, not because there bored.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I guess modifying for looks is different than modding for power, because I'll never be done. And if I were to get tired of it, I would be afraid to sell it, because in my case the buyer would keep coming back with complaints about my half-assed fabrication.
LOL! I'm dealing with this very same thing myself. I need to sell it but it's a modded truck. Don't want to mess with the phone calls later. Trying to sell mine to a friend for that reason that understands mods and I would still be able to tune and wrench on it. I need a back seat damnit.

Quick Reply: Keep or Sell After You Build a Truck??