Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Lightning video

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning video

Pretty cool vid because he was able to get all the races on videa....frickin' huge though, beware.

http://www.silverstangs.com/SVTGOAT.wmv

We need to get Parish to show this guy what's up, all these winning runs and he's running mid 12's. I'd like to see a vid of this guy getting spanked.

Andrew
Old 07-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Launching!

At least the soundtrack is good, AC/DC rules!
Ryan
Old 07-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i figure johnny lighteningonly has a few more weeks of reign if parish gets it all set up.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Launching!

He must run a steep gear. When he does get beat it is always up top. I also like how he lets off once he sees the light weight cars starting their comeback. And where are the runs from a rolling start? I guess those vids did not make the cut. With slicks and a steep gear that truck is quick.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Great vid!!!!! would love to hear the engines though. could almost hear the squeeling and smell the soke
Old 07-19-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What a idot. The way that he runs that truck one day it will probley go boom. If he thinks that is fast I know of a 91 chevy long bed rc 2wd that will hand him is a$$ and make him look stupid. The thing has a sc 355 will all top notch components. I would be willing to bet when he gets his rearend narrowed and slicks he will be done in the 9's in the 1/4. I rode in it once and all I can say is OH MY GOD!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Round Rock TA
He must run a steep gear. When he does get beat it is always up top. I also like how he lets off once he sees the light weight cars starting their comeback. And where are the runs from a rolling start? I guess those vids did not make the cut. With slicks and a steep gear that truck is quick.

I run the stock 3.73 gear. I dont 'let off' when the lightweight cars start coming back. We run estimated quarter miles. I shut off at 110-120mph. Most of them just didnt catch up in time. Runs from a roll? That is not racing.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
What a idot. The way that he runs that truck one day it will probley go boom. If he thinks that is fast I know of a 91 chevy long bed rc 2wd that will hand him is a$$ and make him look stupid. The thing has a sc 355 will all top notch components. I would be willing to bet when he gets his rearend narrowed and slicks he will be done in the 9's in the 1/4. I rode in it once and all I can say is OH MY GOD!
I am well aware that I am pushing my luck with the stock connecting rods. If it throws a rod, I'll work on a new motor. Simple as that. I like to have fun with my truck. Who cares if your brothers cousins sisters uncle knows a truck that runs 9s? Seriously I never claimed I was fast, the video was for entertainment purposes.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, its not my brothers, cousins, sisters, or uncles truck. He is my friend. And you say that you never claimed that your truck is fast, but your actions speek louder than your words. Setting up all those races. Racing vettes, camaros, silverados, imports, and also endangering other on the street while racing to a stop light that was full of cars. I think your truck is cool and everything, but save it for the strip or a rode were no one is on. Have some respect for others, and endangering peoples lives is not worth entertainment of others.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
I run the stock 3.73 gear. I dont 'let off' when the lightweight cars start coming back. We run estimated quarter miles. I shut off at 110-120mph. Most of them just didnt catch up in time. Runs from a roll? That is not racing.
Thats good enough for me. I guess in the long run shutting off at 120 is good. In my TA I would sometimes stay into it until 160, that was kind of dumb. But Im still alive today so thats good.

Keep your video up to date, it was cool to see.

Quick Reply: Lightning video