Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Lightning video

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onequick5.3
Well, its not my brothers, cousins, sisters, or uncles truck. He is my friend. And you say that you never claimed that your truck is fast, but your actions speek louder than your words. Setting up all those races. Racing vettes, camaros, silverados, imports, and also endangering other on the street while racing to a stop light that was full of cars. I think your truck is cool and everything, but save it for the strip or a rode were no one is on. Have some respect for others, and endangering peoples lives is not worth entertainment of others.

no one forced you to watch it. For someone who doesnt like street racing you sure had alot of comments about the video and how you would like to see a race with your fast friend.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What was wrong with my comments? I just have consideration for others on the street.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and about the race with my friend. When you have two truely fast trucks, trucks that will cover a long amounts of road in no time flat, it is better for you to take it to the track, because other cars or truck mights see you coming and not realize how fast you are going, which endangers their lives. Im not trying to be your mother or father, you have to realize their is others on the road with you, and if you kill one of them just to try to prove that your truck is faster than theirs that is just stupid. Maybe you think im ignorant, but I had a friend in high school that was killed in a auto accident, becasue the kid that was riding with was racing down the local two lane highway.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice truck Goat, i hear all this same stuff when my vids get posted at other sites , dont get too defensive, just let it roll off if you can. i have heard "the truck keeps leting off just as the cars are catching him" line soo many times , i go at least a 1/4mile, no point in running it up to 150mph.

what do you have planed next? my plans are to go after JLP .
Old 07-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Launching!

That is one bad *** truck, even if it is a Ford. I have ridden in a few of those Lightnings and I have respect for them. Anything that can run as quick as they do from the factory and respond to mods they way they do gets my respect. I could lecture you about racing on the street, but then I would be a hypocrite.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

What happened to the Video???
Old 07-20-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

even with parish truck being as badarse as it is, it is a LONG way from running 9s like the JLP truck. just hooking the truck and being able to pass tech is a ton of work and adjustment in itself. it is a lot more than just throwing more rwhp at it.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:35 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
even with parish truck being as badarse as it is, it is a LONG way from running 9s like the JLP truck. just hooking the truck and being able to pass tech is a ton of work and adjustment in itself. it is a lot more than just throwing more rwhp at it.
just throwing more power at it will get me into the lower 10's i bet. i have a built motor and tranny on the way. tcase is strong, i will need to work on the diferentials but that wont be too hard and i dont plan on ever being leagal for 9's. geting leagal for a 10.00 isn't all that hard though. give me a year, maybe less. JLP better step it up because he is my goal.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
I am well aware that I am pushing my luck with the stock connecting rods. If it throws a rod, I'll work on a new motor. Simple as that. I like to have fun with my truck. Who cares if your brothers cousins sisters uncle knows a truck that runs 9s? Seriously I never claimed I was fast, the video was for entertainment purposes.
Hey man, regardless, cool videos and good runs. Good luck man. We need some built blue oval vs bowtie runs! Keep it up.

Andrew
Old 07-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by parish8
nice truck Goat, i hear all this same stuff when my vids get posted at other sites , dont get too defensive, just let it roll off if you can. i have heard "the truck keeps leting off just as the cars are catching him" line soo many times , i go at least a 1/4mile, no point in running it up to 150mph.

what do you have planed next? my plans are to go after JLP .
hey nice to meet you. I guess you're the guy they were talking about before. Thanks for the compliments. I just didnt want people to get the wrong idea. So what is done to your truck? Link me to some good videos. As far as my future plans, I plan to build the bottom end over the winter and add a kenne bell. Should give me mid 11s after that. hehe JL might not be the one you have to worry about soon, SAL from PSP has a centrifugal blower on his L that is going to be pretty sick. Look for numbers from him soon.

Quick Reply: Lightning video