Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Mice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see huge amounts of sticky glue pads around your truck.

Enough to catch:
All the mice in your engine bay
The cats who would rather climb over your truck rather than walk around it
And all the stray dogs who like to spray your wheels.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marc_w
I'm not sure if poison would be good because of the cats.
Something to think about - if the cats aren't catching the mice, what good are they?

Put out lots of poison.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Something to think about - if the cats aren't catching the mice, what good are they?

Put out lots of poison.
DOH! haha..

I come home (and wake up) to at least two kills a day. If for some odd reason scientists ever do an archaeological dig in the woods next to my driveway 10,000 years from now - they're going to be thrown for a loop with all of the mice carcasses they find that I've thrown over there these last few years.

It's nasty. Sometimes they look like they've been blown up. Other times you just notice tail or a legs or something. More than once I've come out to just see a little mouse-head staring up at me from the concrete pad at the bottom of the stairs.

I like the sticky-glue-pad idea. I can get those from work. We put them on the floors of entrances to server rooms to keep down dust.

I have to wonder if they're coming from my girlfriends place. She lives 10 minutes down the road. No cats. Her neighbors have some sort of a barn. My truck doesn't stay there all that long though.

I'll throw some traps out and see where I catch them.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigTex
I'd like to see huge amounts of sticky glue pads around your truck.

Enough to catch:
All the mice in your engine bay
The cats who would rather climb over your truck rather than walk around it
And all the stray dogs who like to spray your wheels.
You'd know it when your dog or cat was nearby because of the "CLOP CLOP CLOP" sound
Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

They crawl up in your engine compartment because it's warm. We have pack rats out here, and they're known for thier elaborate nests in prickly pear cactus. When the temp drops here they try to look for somewhere warm. Your engine compartment is perfect. Over the course of one night, they can form a bad *** nest on your intake manifold, and eat about half of you're wiring. Rat poision seems to work fine for us in the desert. Just keep it under your hood. I wouldn't worry about cats getting in there either. Careful not to forget to take the dead ones out, because those little suckers stink when they cook.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

I clean out my airbox every freakin oil change cause it gets like a damn mouse condo up in there!
I feel your pain, Just be sure they dont get into you heating ducts. i had an s-10 that i used as a winter beater,stored it INSIDE a barn during the warm months,went to use it again next winter and had to spend a whole day fishing out mouse corpses from inside where the blower motor was, it acted like some kind of "mouse shredder when i turned it on!NASTY!