Old 02-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i noticed that it just seems like that is a really high et for that time
Old 02-10-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03Screamer
I'm definately looking foward to watching that show. That's interesting that you mention that...I was just at a street race on Saturday night on Canada Road here in the Bay Area, and ALMOST got busted by the cops. I hadn't been to a race there in a while, so I thought I'd check it out. Last time we got lucky somehow and no cops showed up, so I thought we may get lucky again.

We started up in Burlingame where the big friday and saturday night hang out is for car peeps. About 20-25 racers went over to Canada Road to race, which is about 10 minutes away. Some of the fast cars stayed behind at Burlingame, but there were a few fast cars that decided to follow along, including a 10 second 67 primer black Mustang. I parked on the side of the road like everyone else. About 5 or 10 minutes after we got there, a early 90's 5.0 and a late model Camaro SS lined up. The Mustang did a fat smokey burnout and then backed up to line em up. The 5.0 got a pretty good start and had a huge lead out of the whole. I believe the Camaro must have missed a gear, so he shut it off right away. In the distance I could see the two cars making 3 point turns, as I was looking I saw some blue lights over my left shoulder rolling along very slowly. I was like oh ****...I turned on my truck then waited for everyone else to book it. The cop ended up blasting past us to catch up to the two guys who raced. As soon as he took off we were out. Somehow I parked in the gravel which was at about a 20% grade which gave my truck VERY little traction. My friend was getting pretty antsy, as I was feathering the gas. The consequences of getting stuck in the gravel ran through my head quickly, so I knew I had to get out. Luckily, my truck crept foward slowly and finally caught the birm of the pavement. Boy was I glad to get out of that **** I'll tell you Had I gotten stuck I would have been screwed as hell. We headed back toward the highway, and there were a few cops posted out who caught two stragglers in the back. I'm sure glad I decided to cut those couple people off when we first took off though! It was nerve racking experience, but also one helluva adrenaline rush that's hard to match. My friend and I will probably video tape the next few races. I plan on dropping him off in my truck with the video camera, then I'll park a couple miles away, then either ride his go ped or a bike down to the race. Once we meet we'll hide in some tree's and video tape the action...should be fun not having to worry about getting busted .

On another notI gotta go to court this Wednesday for a ticket I got a couple months ago. They're probably going to restrict my liscense for a little bit, unless I get lucky, so wish me luck. My dad and I are going up to his friends house this weekend to drive his 15 Ford muscle cars including a 69 Boss 302, 65 and 66 GT-350's, and a bunch of other cool stuff . I'll just have to watch for cops and not do big fat burnouts lol. I'll definately take pics and share them with you guys though. Later
What part of the bay are you from? Ever been out to tracy? On mountian house parkway. Fairly big, about 300 people out their saturday night.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03Screamer
If any of you guys hate total rice boys visit this site and watch the vids: http://www.streetracingchronicles.com/ These guys are pretty damn funny lmao.
I thought they were serious on the first video. But after watching the other 3, I guess they are making fun of everyone. They were pretty funny
Old 02-10-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn that show blew. I hate when they have to modify crap cars like that. Btw, wtf did they do to the talon that was so special? Just NOS? They should have done something like a Supra against a camaro. The action at the drag strip was pretty lame to.

onyx: When are you comin out my way again? We should meet up on a friday or saturday night bro.

vortec: I'm in San Mateo, just south of San Fran. Nope...I've never been to the races up that way...sounds pretty packed though. I've also been to the Milpitas and San Jose races which are incredibly big, but way too many cops nowadays. There are probably somewhere around 1000 peeps at the Milpitas races.

RChevy: The fact that those foos sound so serious, but are so sarcastic, is what makes the vids so damn funny. For example when they see a rice rocket with a fart cannon, that sounds like *** they say, "damn man...that sounds so sick!" or when they see that camaro with the v-6 and the ss emblems they say, "i can just tell by the sound of the exhaust note that thing is a ss" I sure hope they make some more though. OMG...that yellow civic rice bucket with hydralics just about made me puke lol...isnt' that a ferrari? lmao
Old 02-11-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

those vids are great. love it when they get the mother involved. anyone know where they are filming? that V6 camaro sounded pathetic. they must be to drive that around.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the vids or shot somewhere down in Southern California...they sure seem to have great taste lol. Here's the crew I hang out with on the weekend nights: http://www.sassyracing.com/PicturesFriends.html Here's a vid of the 10 second 67' stang: http://myimages.fourvalve.com/chris_...os/1040run.mpg

Today, I got my liscense restricted allowing me to only go to work and school for 30 days. The judge was out there, he kept telling me that "it was wrong". What he was refering I have no clue. He would just sit there and stared at the papers more than he talked. $300 dollar ticket for doing 50 on a 30 when I was only doing 40 at most, what chicken ****. I'll tell you the ****** cops have such big power trips these days, they got nothing better to do than to **** with people.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

I love the part where she picked racing over her kid and hubbie. Go to see another ricer with their head on straight
Old 02-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Banned

are you still mad because that stock civic smoked your ***? dude, don't hold that kind of stuff against all of them. lay off a little.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:18 AM
14 Second Truck Club

hey 03screamer....

i'll be up that way in late april/early may most likely. i'll keep ya posted. we dont have a date for when we are leaving here yet.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Saw the show and was slackjawed at the crap going on. Made me want to go hop on my Murry lawn mower and and put a sneaky pete on and go run for some money. At least it might stay together after a blistering 8.1 1/8. That was just funny as hell that they kept on saying that they hoped the drivetrain would hold up. Good thing Oogi didn't spray on the warm-up run. He might have blown the engine. Show was GAY!!!! To may weird people. I liked the serious look they had while FLYING down the track ! And she cried after loosing?!?!?!?!? Come-on!!! With speeds like that (I know all about them ) I would be (and have) been looking for a radio station while going down the track. !!! Did ya catch the trick blue tape job on his NOS button?

Quick Reply: Monday Night on TV - Street Racing