GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Montana/ Uplander power sliding doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
LJO
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montana/ Uplander power sliding doors

I have looked all over and haven't found any good info on repairing these God foresaken p.o.s's. All I can find is soccer mom's and dad's complaining about the door alarm chime and threatening to sue GM.
I have cleaned the contacts, checked for obstructions, had the vehicle reflashed(helped for a day, or was coincidental). The override button is pushed, but occasionally somehow the door gets opened by "accident". The door will then keep opening itself, or if we are lucky it will stay closed but chime relentlessly. Its only by sheer luck that we get it to stop dinging.
I am going to open things up tonight and will post pics and any info I may find.
Anyone else out there, feel free to chime in (lol) with your experience with these demonic doors.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:16 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Used to be a dealer tech when the bodystyle changed from the dust buster Transport... replaced the sliding door module and latch under warranty for many a van. The BCM wouldn't regocnize that the door was shut when it was pulled out of park. Don't remember the bulletin number was but it basically read replace the latch and striker plate because the contact wasn't solid enough to register the door being shut.