Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My brother just got home from afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brother just got home from afghanistan

My brother got on a standby seat on some kind of jumper late Mon night and then took a bus back to base in N.C. he got there at 2 a.m. Tues and immediately drove all the way down here (Tampa). He got here at around 4:00 pm yesterday and he hung out with me at work until I got all my paperwork done at around 8pm. We then headed to my mom's house, I told her my fiance and I needed to speak to her about some stuff. It was awesome. She pretty much cried all night. He's a strong kid. He spent the last 8-9 months in Afghanistan seeing alot of action while his new wife spent everything he had, pawned all of his possessions, and left with another guy. They had been married for 6 weeks before his deployment. Im just overwhelmed that he is home. Im taking him today to buy him some new clothes and stuff and we are going out tommorrow night.
My training partner is a top national heavyweight competitor that had a 10 page spread in musclemag. When my borther's buddies saw it they didnt believe that my brother actually knew him. So my buddy stopped by last night and took 10-15 pics with my brother and is coming with us to the gym to today so he can take more pics with my bro so he has a bunch to take back to his friends. It was an awesome day
We also went for a ride in my truck. He hasnt ridden in it since it was pretty much stock. Not much scares him now though.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

his new wife spent everything he had, pawned all of his possessions, and left with another guy.
Give him the "new fast Tahoe and let him go run the bitch over!

Congrats to you and your family. I'm sure you guys were worried about him. Tell him thanks for protecting us.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's funny becaue the exact same thing happened to one of my best friends from high school. him and his wife were married a month he left for afgan. she started sleeping with another guy, spent all of his money on buying the other guy a truck, motorcycle etc. he came back got a divorce and went on his way. the horrible part is the next time he came back he ended getting married to her again. I told him he was a ******* idiot but what can you do. glad to hear your brothers back, buy him a beer for me and tell him thanks.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tell your brother that we all thank him very much
Old 11-11-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cstchevy
that's funny becaue the exact same thing happened to one of my best friends from high school. him and his wife were married a month he left for afgan. she started sleeping with another guy, spent all of his money on buying the other guy a truck, motorcycle etc. he came back got a divorce and went on his way. the horrible part is the next time he came back he ended getting married to her again. I told him he was a ******* idiot but what can you do. glad to hear your brothers back, buy him a beer for me and tell him thanks.
Will do. Im so happy to see him I would probably buy him anything he wanted just to see him smile. I dont think I have to worry about him remarrying. He is horribly embarrassed and cried on my shoulder for an hour last night telling me how sorry he is for not listening to me and alienating me. I told him that he could never alienate me, Im his big brother!! She is facing criminal charges and the guy is facing courtmarshall (sp??). My parents have 4 full time attorneys for business reasons. I guess that wasnt too smart of her . They were all too happy to drop everything and persue that situation. Things are good though... he is home.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

My son was in Iraq and was in a bad explosion a year ago
last may. I know the feeling of seeing a family after being
in a war. As far as your brothers wife, I would have to make
an adjustment to her personality. ( Have you ever seen the
movie REVENGE with Kevin Costner and Anthony Quin?)
Old 11-11-2004, 06:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

awesome greentahoe!!!! thats ****** sweet!! he was at Bagram right? i think i remember you tellin me about where he was, when i was there.... i know the feelin of bein home and its awesome! make sure you show him the time of his life while hes back, he'll never forget it... give him a high five for me.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A big thank you to greentahoes brother ,onyx,and any other servicemen.
Your brother doesn't realize it yet, and might not for a while,but he's lucky she hooked-it now and not later when he had more invested in her. Love and money.

Thanks again.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell your brother welcome home and thanks for serving his country.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys. Im spending as much time as possible with him. He is headed to Iraq Jan 15th.

Quick Reply: My brother just got home from afghanistan