Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My Laundry List

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would the tahoe rear calipers fit with no other modifications? Also would it need the 17" wheels?

Your truck is just getting insane!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyTruck
Would the tahoe rear calipers fit with no other modifications? Also would it need the 17" wheels?

Your truck is just getting insane!
There's another thread about this floating around, maybe in the Drivetrain and Suspension section...the rotors and loaded calipers are a direct bolt on without any other modifications, but I'm not sure about the wheel size. I have a feeling that you would need a 17" wheel, or may be able to grind the caliper to fit a 16" wheel, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14 bolt purchased....gonna need some work.

picking up complete (4 corners) 07 tahoe brakes this week...
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Any new news with your truck??? Did you ever get that rear end put in???
Old 08-11-2010, 03:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Laundry list man!! Got any links to the tires?
I have HOA rules prohibiting me washing a vehicle let alone working on one...but I still do everything in my garage. I have felt bad once when I was using air tools at 3 am with my garage door open.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
There's another thread about this floating around, maybe in the Drivetrain and Suspension section...the rotors and loaded calipers are a direct bolt on without any other modifications, but I'm not sure about the wheel size. I have a feeling that you would need a 17" wheel, or may be able to grind the caliper to fit a 16" wheel, but I'm not 100% sure.
BH3, in red, is a quote from Pat's earlier post.
"the front 06 brakes are a bit bigger...calipers and rotors...17 inch minimum rim size..."

Originally Posted by Spoolin
...I have HOA rules prohibiting me washing a vehicle let alone working on one...but I still do everything in my garage. I have felt bad once when I was using air tools at 3 am with my garage door open.
I hope you're kiddin on the not allowed to wash your truck part. That's unreasonable, I would never go for that rule. Nor adhere to it.
Air tools at 3am? Well, that's just stupid / inconsiderate. Esp. w/. the door open, you're askin for trouble Jules.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh, missed that Tom, thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:19 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I hope you're kiddin on the not allowed to wash your truck part. That's unreasonable, I would never go for that rule. Nor adhere to it.
Air tools at 3am? Well, that's just stupid / inconsiderate. Esp. w/. the door open, you're askin for trouble Jules.
In certain Counties in Southern California it's illegal to wash your own car. It has to do with water conservation. My HOA enforces the local cities law on car washing. Actually had one neighbor call the cops on someone who was washing their car. When the cops got there they rolled their eyes and left.

And yeah I did feel bad about that air tools mistake. I was helping my friend fix his old Corolla that had about a half dozen exhaust leaks and we started at 6pm and next thing you know it's 3am and I'm buttoning it all up with air tools. What can I say, time flies when your having fun!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spoolin
In certain Counties in Southern California it's illegal to wash your own car. It has to do with water conservation. My HOA enforces the local cities law on car washing. Actually had one neighbor call the cops on someone who was washing their car. When the cops got there they rolled their eyes and left.
I can wash my trucks at my place. I just can't park on the grass, although I have retarted friends that have...
Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
GFYS and STFU

lol

Quick Reply: My Laundry List