Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
3.73sand 31" tires
thanks for the info

at least you dont have a cam
Old 12-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im here to help and share knowledge not play pre-school games of "haha look what I got, you cant have it" BS. Im going to run that cam for a while then go to a "traditional" turbo cam like what Thunder is going to be running and see what the difference is just for the hell of it.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i build my 408 i plan on runnin afr225 and a tsp torquer v2 232/234 are those pretty well matched up NA
Old 12-09-2006, 06:57 PM

Cam is too small I wouldnt go with anything less then a 240* cam in an rcsb, a stroker eats up large cams like it aint ****. My truck will be up and running within the next 2 weeks and Ill get an in-cab video.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:07 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Cam is too small I wouldnt go with anything less then a 240* cam in an rcsb, a stroker eats up large cams like it aint ****. My truck will be up and running within the next 2 weeks and Ill get an in-cab video.
Race you

I got about 2 weeks too.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey will all the sensors from a truck bolt onto a ssr manifold? wasn't sure if they're different (sensor-wise) than the truck manifolds.
and you have any idea what kinda turbo setup you're going to run or is it just kind of an open idea right now? sorry to keep grillin you on the plans for your truck, you and 1slow have plenty of experience with these trucks and I'm wantin to learn
Old 12-10-2006, 07:40 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakebdb56
hey will all the sensors from a truck bolt onto a ssr manifold? wasn't sure if they're different (sensor-wise) than the truck manifolds.
and you have any idea what kinda turbo setup you're going to run or is it just kind of an open idea right now? sorry to keep grillin you on the plans for your truck, you and 1slow have plenty of experience with these trucks and I'm wantin to learn
No worries, I like helping, and I'll sit and talk trucks all day long

I'm not 100% sure what it's going to take to get the SSR manifold complete. I mounted the throttle body with no problems, and the MAP sensor works. There is a place for EGR to mount on the side, but it is blocked off and I would have to cut it out to run my EGR, so I think I'm going to lose the EGR system, or at least find a way to mock it up while leaving it non-functional so I can still pass emissions. I bought a stock truck manifold complete with fuel rails, but it hasn't come in yet so I haven't been able to verify that the return-style rails will mount to the manifold. I'm also not sure whether or not my evap solenoid will mount and/or what kind of tubing I'll have to find to make it work. It's a different style than the stock manifold, so I'll have to figure out a way to mount it and run the tubes and everything. The PCV hose looks like it will be fine. I should know more by the end of the week.

For the turbo, I am definitely doing it at some point in the future, just don't have the $$ for it right now. But I spec'ed the motor to work with boost, so I'm definitely doing it. I don't know a lot about turbos right now, but I have been recommended either a single T76 or a PT88. I figure I'll research them more when the time comes. Too much other stuff on my plate at the moment. But I'll probably end up doing a custom front mount setup.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's cool. 88mm turbo would be some fun . i guess they're pretty strict in AZ about emissions? you should just move to TX and not worry about it . EGR = PITA, I think the evap p/n is the same across the board for most of the ls-based motors. IMO you should just buy some new rails from somewhere, they do cost money but you wouldn't have to worry about fabricating anything. they way the ssr manifold looks i'd say the stock rails/fittings should work but I've never physically messed with one. if i remember correctly you'd done the walbro pump upgrade? jw, seems like you'd definately need it and/or want to do it to get ready for the future mods. this summer I'm building some turbo manifolds to fit a 5.3 that Im gonna put in the dune buggy, I wanna make em fittable into my truck too so when I blow up the buggy's motor i can just swap it all over
Old 12-10-2006, 09:58 PM

A gts76 ought to do the trick for you. It can still make peak hp close to the 88 but will spool much quicker, its also pretyt expensive but like anything else you know...

Quick Reply: My parts pile has begun