Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

need your prayers please

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your prayers please

I was at the dirt track races tonight sitting up in the top of the bleachers and a friend of mines son fell through the bleachers. They were sitting directly over the enterance of the bleachers over the walkway. He was grabbing for his drink that fell and slipped through. He fell about 20 to 25 feet and on the way down his head bounced off the hand rail that goes up the walk way and then proceeded to fall onto the wooden walkway. He was knocked out for a little while. He awakened but has no feeling in his right arm. He can move it but cant feel it.He is also saying his stomach hurts and is throwing up alot. He screams if you even touch his legs but it is good that he can feel and move them.{they said} They gave him the CAT scans and all that. He is in ICU and being transported to childrens hospital in Little Rock AR. He has a fracture in his skull running from the top of his ear down to his spine. His name is Drake Reddish and he just turned 4 years old. I have watch this little kid grow up and is a really neat kid and loves his racecars. Everytime my car was at their shop he would say" my racecar, my racecar" His grandpa has built my last two racecars that i have had so I have been around him alot of his life.
I know that I am a joker on here and try to make the laughs but this time I ask you to remember little Drake in your prayers please. Thanks,

Alex
Old 05-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need your prayers please

Man, that's a bad deal. I'll pray for him and his family.

Keep us updated.

John
Old 05-03-2003, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dude, as a father of a 7 and 2 year old, I don't ever want tp have to go through what they and you must be feeling. I'm very sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to that family and you. My oldest loves going to the races to, anykind. Kepp your chin up Alex, and please let the family know my thoughts. If I can help in some way, let me know.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Hate to hear that man,hope he get's through it okay.

Best wishes to you and the family!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear the about your friends little boy. I wish them the best and hope and pray for his health. Hang in there in Alex, I know you're going through a lot at this time and things seem to just get worse but better times are bound to come. If there is anything I can do to help I'll be more than happy to.

Alfredo
Old 05-03-2003, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. I will keep Drake in my prayers.

File
Old 05-03-2003, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Well we got good news today. He is responding and talking. He is sleeping mostly. He should get to go home monday if everything keep going like it is. The tuff part is that he wont be able to do anything active for 3 months. That is going to be hard to contain that kid for that long. Thanks for your responses and I am sure the family is thankful. I tell you what you sure see some weird people at 1:00am coming into the emergency room. One lady had been brought in from a OD on meth. Her what seemed to be her strung out boyfriend brought her in. I guess that batch of bathtub crank was bad. Glad I never got into that crap. Thanks again guys.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Oh and Alfredo if you really want to help just send that 422 down here and I will put it to good use . Thanks again
Old 05-03-2003, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

glad to hear things are getting better.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

basically 3 years old and a 30 foot fall.....

I hate to say it, but it really helps to realize it could have been much worse, im sure you and the parents definitely realize that......

glad to know he's alright and getting better.....

Quick Reply: need your prayers please