Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

New problem...........wierd

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New problem...........wierd

Both of my key fobs don't work anymore. I changed out the batteries thinking that might be the fix but still nothing. Any ideas?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd call the dealer. ...but don't give them any money. I'm sure they deal with this sort of thing all the time.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

somehow they became unprogrammed.. i beleive there is a way to reprogram them yourself, but you might have to refer to your owner's manual.. ive done it for my mom's monte carlo twice now... might be a glitch.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by moregrip
Both of my key fobs don't work anymore. I changed out the batteries thinking that might be the fix but still nothing. Any ideas?
When replacing the batteries they often need to be reprogrammed to the truck. I used to know the programming sequence but have since forgotten it. Depending on vehicle they may need the tech 2 to re-program. Can't remember which it is for your application tho.......
Old 07-02-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Ah ha, you work in MRI at a hospital? I do and i have erased my badges a million times from forgetting to take it off cause its a huge magnet in there. The girl i work with erased her key fob the same way. I know its not likely this is your problem but i just sharing anyways. lol
Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdirectorate
I'd call the dealer. ...but don't give them any money. I'm sure they deal with this sort of thing all the time.
Yeah, dont give them any money, us commision paid guys really love doing things for free.It pays the bills

Try this Grippy. If it doesnt work you may have to see the dealer-----

All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

1-Close all the vehicle doors.
2-Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3-Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4-While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5-Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6-Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
7-Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
8-Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:29 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Ah ha, you work in MRI at a hospital? I do and i have erased my badges a million times from forgetting to take it off cause its a huge magnet in there. The girl i work with erased her key fob the same way. I know its not likely this is your problem but i just sharing anyways. lol
No, but this happened at school. Before welding class they worked with no problems, but after a night of welding for 3 hrs, they stopped working, same scenario, both times
Old 07-02-2006, 06:58 PM
what a rush!

just tried the re-sync.........no work........sheeeeeeet..........I guess I better buy a new one/two
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
just tried the re-sync.........no work........sheeeeeeet..........I guess I better buy a new one/two

There is a procedure to do it that you can do yourself. I have the sheet at the office, will get it to you then.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Grippy, where is the welding class? Is it near a military base? Have you tried it at different locations? Sometimes some of their/our radars and radios screw with the fob signals. Mine never worked on base in Dahlgren and certain parts of NAS Pensacola.