Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Nitrous on Nitro RC Cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I've gotten pretty serious about my truck, so I rather just spend money on it, since I drive it pretty much everyday. I only raced once or twice a month, and what I spent in comparison to what I raced was getting rediculous.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmc5.3L
Just starting this hobby, and of course I'm already trying to find out how to squeeze more hp out of this very little motor. I found a company that makes nitrous kits for the Nitro RC Cars www.jagrc.com My problem is that for that kit they want $90 , I'm trying to make up my own nitrous kit, notice those small nitrous tanks on their website, do any of you nitrous guys think that you could refill those? It's just amazing that those little motors can produce that kind of power, The one that I ordered (will be here tomorrow ) will produce about 1.5hp stock! Then I'm going to add a blower, nitrous, slicks, better exhaust, etc.. Stock the car can reach about 65-70mph, afterwards I imagine I be able to break the 100mph mark! I have seen one do 102mph already, these little things are pretty damn fast. Just wanted to share my new exciting hobby with you guys. If any of you DFW guys are into this hobby maybe once I get mine built we can drag race, maybe even take them to the track and kill some unsuspecting Lightnings .
I used to be pretty hard into the r/c cars and still work in a hobby store.. what kind of car/truck do you have and what motor did u just purchase for it?? I can help you out with ways of getting it faster for cheap if you give me details of what you have...i wouldn't suggest nitrous for two reasons..one i just don't see it being possible to add the needed fuel with the nitrous and second the rods aren't really the strongest..Btw i have a $400 engine that is rated at close to 3hp for a r/c car

btw u can get those small bottles with nitrous in them from a lot of smoke shops (people use them to get high from what i hear) and u can also get them off ebay as there used for whip cream dispensors.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14310 but like i said i wouldn't suggest nitrous on a r/c