Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

The Plan

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, I might take u up on that some time. Sounds like you're back in area again. Any NEW project news of your own? PM sent.
Ya, while it may've been missed, no bigggie. Updates are kinda slow at best. I don't exactly have a lot of $, very little actually. Therefore, my build progresses more slowly than others. Say Spoolin or someone that has a pile of parts; their threads are updated way more frequently. Plus, some of my projects are done in hours or in a day. When some of the build is more involved, updates will occur more often. Know what I mean?

When I've saved for a built tranny; things will head in the proper direction, so to speak.
I have more time now than $. Why isn't I never have a lot of both $ & time?

Last edited by fastnblu; 10-27-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothin new here, been sellin everything i've got to get by lately. bummer of an economy. best way to have both time and money is to pick the right numbers on mega millions...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Update: Ordered a CircleD 2600 stall 11"(258mm) multidisc stall. Went that route after calls to Dave @ Yank, Andy (FLT), the ever-awesome Billy, & then to Chris @ CircleD. It was a tossup, but I hope I made the right decision. So, ya, my choice in stalls went from maybe not using 1-to abandoning the idea of a PI altogether. From there, question the convertor gurus at both co.'s.

Each has some things I like, so I wanted to try Chris's product.

And the best part, & I have no doubt on tranny builder. FLT was sent a downpymt on a LEVEL 7!!!

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the props Tom, I'm looking forward to both of us enjoying our Circle-D multi-disc equipped FLT Level7's Maybe some day we can meet up and line em up to see what they can do
Old 05-30-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thanks for the props Tom, I'm looking forward to both of us enjoying our Circle-D multi-disc equipped FLT Level7's Maybe some day we can meet up and line em up to see what they can do
How ironic that months later I gave a cool guy the props he deserved.

Well, I think both of are enjoying are Circle D stalls. Even if u changed it to a slightly higher stall. So what again was your old new Circle D stall, & what did Chris Re-stall it to? I can't believe I'm askin after u started how many stall/ TruCool threads.

Well, now it's time to update this thread. I went w/. a TruCool 40K cooler. It's p/n 4739 w/. thermal bypass. Which I left out BTW, so now it's a 47391 in actual usage.
It's 8 1/2" x 22 3/4" x 1 1/4". It uses 3/8" inverted flare fittings. That's the internal dia. which is same as 5/8"-18 inverted flare, but that's (5/8") external size.

I made my own brkts to mount it outta alum. stock.

Black AN fittings & Earl's ProLite 350 hose. The p/n's can be found in this thread: Post 32.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...47#post4470447

Here's most of my AN goodies, but not all. It costs a lot to run full AN end-end. Yes, some Aeroquip mixed in, but mostly Earl's.

The straight AN fittings weren't even used, nor were the steel adapters to lower right. Instead of steel, I opted for blue anodized Earl's as seen in later pic. Consider most items in pic a $100 credit, since the Summit guy claimed he knew everything I needed to do AN for trans & cooler. He didn't!

You need 2 of these at trans. They're 1/4 pipe - (-6AN) adapters. Thanks Snake Oiler for info!

3 of these. I used 2 after the 1/4-6 adapter @ trans & 1 on lower connection @ Rad. I used a 90* on the upper Rad connection. The Earl's 90* p/n is AT809106ERL.

4 of these 5/8" Inverted Flare Adapters. Thanks again, Snake Oiler!!!: 2 @ Rad, 2 @ Cooler.

Need I say more. Level 7!!!

My Poor Man's Tranny Jack. Helped to prevent slips crushin my bro or me, but I shoulda made it a hair bigger. I only measured 2 sides. The front protrudes, so needs to be compensated for that.

A billet work of art!

Lower brkt & non swivel 90*s. I do not recommend non swivel crimp-ons. It's the non-swivel part, cause it has to have hose rotated at opposite end. Spend the extra $2-3 per fitting x2.

Also, not seen is the upper brkt I made. I'm not happy w/. how the finish turned out, but I rattle-canned it instead of breakin out the real eqpt. - A spray gun woulda done a much, nicer job. Materials were recommended at a paint store I deal w/. It's on & functional, but may be modded...

A nice to work w/. product that does away w/. the s/s braid outer & instead uses a black nylon outer. It's rated to 350 PSI, w/. a 4:1 safety margin, meaning it could take 1400#. Something it'll never see. Trannies get ~140PSI, & at it's highest pressure is in Reverse, where it may go to 240.
ProLite is plenty strong, light, but $. By 50% more.

I went w/. a FLT L7. It shifts butter smooth, but firm, & has me ready for the next phase.
The stall is a 258mm billet Circle D rated @ 2600 stall. I only went to a stall for durability, cause I didn't want a MPG compromise.

Onto the next phase.

Last edited by fastnblu; 10-07-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Added 90* p/n.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Game on!!!

I'm conflicted what I should do...

Last edited by fastnblu; 05-30-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Nice pics Tom, guess that the cat's out of the bag! Let the fun begin!!

My converter was originally a 1A which Chris said would have been around a 2600-2800 stall, but I had him change it to a 2B which is listed as a 2800-3k on Circle-D's website, but it may stall as high as 3400 behind the LQ9. Still breaking it in so I'm not sure where it flashes to yet, but I have noticed that even at part throttle I seem to be around 3k most of the time...another 100 miles and fixing the running rich problem will tell the tale...
Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Look over your shoulder Billy, u never know what's gonna come up on you & pass you by.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Look over your shoulder Billy, u never know what's gonna come up on you & pass you by.
Yea, try that in the northeast snow
Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

What kinda dipshit races in the snow?!?

Quick Reply: The Plan