Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Pops out of Gear at 6000 rpms

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh.. Can't help you out with the Louisana part, but who tuned the truck? Flaco, himself? The 80E's are notorious for not having a firm shift, because of the clutch-to-clutch v.s. non-clutch-to-clutch. I posted up on one or two threads recently what guys were doing to make the truck shift a little more firm, but I would figure Flaco would have that covered. Seriously, I don't think it's in the tune, but get it looked over. I could be wrong, and I'd rather be wrong, so you don't have to drop the trans. already.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it was Flaco himself but i mean it shifts kinda lousy when not on it but when it did run right im sure it was shifting firm i mean the truck is a monster when it ran right i was burning them down at 60 but now i cant even get on it. and i hope your wrong too i feel like 38000 miles is way to early for a rebuild
Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmayeux
Flaco is clueless and i dont care how well he builds trucks hes an a$$ and will not help me out at all i contacted him and he will not tell me anything. he didnt even attempt to help me out at all. any ideas on what could cause something like this. i dont want to yank the tranny and rebuild it and it have nothing to do with the tranny and be the tcm
You know how many trucks he works on and tunes? He probably doesnt remember the truck at all. And you cant just tell someone on the phone what is wrong with a truck. You can make some guesses to what it might be, but thats about it.

Originally Posted by CC05
If I were you, I'd drive my *** up to his shop and sit. I'd sit there and not leave until he took the time to talk with me.
What does Flaco owe this guy?

Originally Posted by tmayeux
if thats how he treats paying customers i would rather take my truck somewhere else
The bold part is what you are missing. You arent his paying customer, you're some guy that is calling him wanting him to tell you whats wrong with your truck so you can fix it. For all he knows someone else could have built and tuned that truck.

The guy knows what he's doing, so I'm sure he could tell you exactly what's wrong.
You expect him to diagnose it from 500 miles away? If it was that easy this guy would have had a solid answer from someone on here within the first page.

The 80E's are notorious for not having a firm shift, because of the clutch-to-clutch v.s. non-clutch-to-clutch.
What?
Old 05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
You know how many trucks he works on and tunes? He probably doesnt remember the truck at all. And you cant just tell someone on the phone what is wrong with a truck. You can make some guesses to what it might be, but thats about it.

What does Flaco owe this guy?

The bold part is what you are missing. You arent his paying customer, you're some guy that is calling him wanting him to tell you whats wrong with your truck so you can fix it. For all he knows someone else could have built and tuned that truck.

You expect him to diagnose it from 500 miles away? If it was that easy this guy would have had a solid answer from someone on here within the first page.

What?
Thank you Luke
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh.. Can't help you out with the Louisana part, but who tuned the truck? Flaco, himself? The 80E's are notorious for not having a firm shift, because of the clutch-to-clutch v.s. non-clutch-to-clutch. I posted up on one or two threads recently what guys were doing to make the truck shift a little more firm, but I would figure Flaco would have that covered. Seriously, I don't think it's in the tune, but get it looked over. I could be wrong, and I'd rather be wrong, so you don't have to drop the trans. already.
are we talking about a 4L80E?

it just takes a few minutes tuning and they shift great! even a bone stock one. With a HD2 they shift like a dream.

Unless your talking about a 6l80E? i dont have a clue about those.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

I have something else to add.

I believe showing your ignorance on a board which has Flaco supporters is probably not the best idea. Second, with what I've learned, and who've I met b/c of this site, I'm fortunate to have Flaco and Chuck from FLT in my corner. I've done. Business with Flaco since '06, and Chuck since '08. If there was ever a question, I knew the two of them got it taken care of.

And you talk about driving from LA to Houston, try having your trans being built in IL, and live in Texas. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Did I miss something? Is there a stall in the ride?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

1989K1500:

1.) I'm talking about the 6L80's. If you know anything about them, you know that people have pulled their hair out trying to get them to shift correctly.

2.) Yeah, I expect Flaco to diagnose the truck from 500 miles away, with his *****. No, I don't expect that. No one would expect that, that's where the 500 mile driving conflict comes into place.

3.) Flaco could atleast get on the phone with the guy and hear him out. I didn't say that he owed him ****, but if you run a shop, listen to what someone has to say/ask. There's ways to get people to listen. I suggested one.

Nonnie:

Yes, I'm talking about the 6L80E's. Totally different animal.

lady3bglover:

I really appreciate the advice, but no one is showing ignorance. We all know that you're one of Flaco's paying customers, but you don't need to tell me what is/isn't a good idea to post on a forum.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

1989K1500:

1.) I'm talking about the 6L80's. If you know anything about them, you know that people have pulled their hair out trying to get them to shift correctly.

2.) Yeah, I expect Flaco to diagnose the truck from 500 miles away, with his *****. No, I don't expect that. No one would expect that, that's where the 500 mile driving conflict comes into place.

3.) Flaco could atleast get on the phone with the guy and hear him out. I didn't say that he owed him ****, but if you run a shop, listen to what someone has to say/ask. There's ways to get people to listen. I suggested one.

Nonnie:

Yes, I'm talking about the 6L80E's. Totally different animal.

lady3bglover:

I really appreciate the advice, but no one is showing ignorance. We all know that you're one of Flaco's paying customers, but you don't need to tell me what is/isn't a good idea to post on a forum.
pretty sure most of her posts was directed at the OP not you.

could be mistaken though
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

It probably was, but it'll be ok. My reply will give her something to bitch at, like just about everyone else on this forum nowadays. Between "what cam/what speaker/what mod next" threads, I'm just waiting for a mod. to delete my account. Who do I get in touch with to do that? Dewey?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Not sure why you would want your account deleted. If it's the same old thread over and over I just ignore them and move on.

Can always not log in if it bothers you that much but this is the first time I have ever see you mention things got to ya so dunno

Quick Reply: Pops out of Gear at 6000 rpms