Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Proper disposal of used Antifreeze.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper disposal of used Antifreeze.

Everybody i have talked to has told me just dump it behind the shed or something. The guy at orielly autoparts told me to just dump it in the parking lot. I want to do this right cuz im not a fan of randomly dumping ****. Not a tree hugger but just dont like screwing stuff up. Anybody have any ideas. I have at least 2 gallons of this stuff sitting in my garage and the old man is getting pissy! Please help. BTW its DEXCOOL.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't dump it out in the street! I think you can get a big fine for that! I mixed some with my oil and turned it in at Advanced Auto parts here in Ohio, but i think if they found out I would get in trouble for that too.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:21 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey! Good for you wanting to take care of things right. Most dumps have free oil and solvent reclaims, probably take anti-freeze too. Ethylene Glycol, hmm.

Edit: found this....Govt. site
Old 07-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Orielly wouldnt take it so i was thinking about taking it to a lube shop where they do coolant flushes all of the time. I wonder if they would take it as well as the 2 gallons of tranny fluid i have as well.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:58 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It works great to take the misery out of some stray cats life, it actually makes the task of looking for a meal, car to F*&k with a thing of the past, truct me they will be much happier, its kinda like ummmmm drugs for them.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Try a dump or waste recycling facility near you.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

The Waste Managment facilities near you should be able to handle it for you.

Not slamming you because you were smart enough to ask and I give you thanks for that but..

People are ******* retarded I swear!! Dump it in the street or behind the shed? Where do they think its going to end up? It doesnt stay in the street or behind the shed. It ends up in our ground water, gutters, and eventually as runoff into our streams, rivers and lakes where it causes the break down of ecosystems in which we are 100% dependant. I cant believe they still dont teach this in basic school and make people learn about it on the news. This is the stuff that effects our lives, not who Michael Jackson molested now, or what Britney Spears is up to. Too many people view environmentalism as uncool and they are above it but they will be in for a rude awakening when they realize our technology cannot support us without our natural systems. Everytime one of my uneducated reckneck friends calls me a hippie or a tree-hugger I wanted to slap the **** out of em for being so stupid in the things that rule our economy, our social systems and ultimately our lives. For without the environment we would not be here.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71

Not slamming you because you were smart enough to ask and I give you thanks for that but..

People are ******* retarded I swear!! Dump it in the street or behind the shed? Where do they think its going to end up? It doesnt stay in the street or behind the shed. It ends up in our ground water, gutters, and eventually as runoff into our streams, rivers and lakes where it causes the break down of ecosystems in which we are 100% dependant. I cant believe they still dont teach this in basic school and make people learn about it on the news. This is the stuff that effects our lives, not who Michael Jackson molested now, or what Britney Spears is up to. Too many people view environmentalism as uncool and they are above it but they will be in for a rude awakening when they realize our technology cannot support us without our natural systems. Everytime one of my uneducated reckneck friends calls me a hippie or a tree-hugger I wanted to slap the **** out of em for being so stupid in the things that rule our economy, our social systems and ultimately our lives. For without the environment we would not be here.

uh-oh, i knew it wouldnt take long for this to come...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by nightrunner
uh-oh, i knew it wouldnt take long for this to come...

They dont call me EnviroNinja on my local forum for nothing. LOL
Old 07-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by F8L Z71

I agree. These f-ers made it so hard for me to dispose of that **** that its still sitting in the bucket right now. I called the local lube shop; they told me to call the firestation....called the firestation; they tell me to call harris county maintenance....I call them; tell me to call haz mat......Im PISSED Why cant they make it as easy as dumping oil. Damn near every car nowadays uses it so why isnt it easy?

Quick Reply: Proper disposal of used Antifreeze.