Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

racing on the way home last night...kinda long

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing on the way home last night...kinda long

i was following my girlfriend home last night on 2920 out in Spring when this guy in a new sierra comes speeding up on my tail, switches lanes at the last second and tears by me. he sees my truck and slows down, and i really didn't feel like racing...long night at work plus i didn't have much gas in the tank. but then the guy cuts in between me and my girlfriend and he's almost in her bumper, and i was one step from flipping out. so i get on this guys bumper holding down my high and low beams in his side mirror, i cut around to the side of him and start merging into his lane to get this dude to slow down and get off her bumper (by this time i had flipped and was about to snap). so i roll down my window to get this guys attention and he slows down. but what i wanted to do was to stall this guy so i can punch it real quick, jump in front of him, and get back behind my girlfriend. well i do so and now this guy wants to race and pulls to the side of me. we stop at a red light and i roll my window down to have some words with him and tell him he had better back off because that's my girl in the saturn. he says he's all sorry and he didn't know. then he wants to race, and since i wasn't going to beat him in the face, i might as well beat him on the road. so he goes on green and i go around my girlfriend and chase after him, pass him at 85mph and cut off somewhere past 100mph. i slow down and we go one more time at a 35 roll and i lose him again. but then i look back and see headlights, which is strange because we left the traffic way behind. look back again and see red and blue lights flashed at me . well the other guy didn't see the cop so i tell him to speed up and i'll follow *trying to get the cop to go chase this guy and not pull me over*. but i think the cop just wanted to go home or something because she just passed us up and went on her way. this road is a 55mph speed limit too, i dunno how much a ticket for doing 120 in a 55 is . so we get stuck at another light and my girlfriend catches up, we take a left and this guy is going straight. 5 minutes later, this dude in the sierra shows up again and wants to race some more . this guy is too much, i roll the window down and he wants to know if i have a GMC. i say yes, it's a GMC and i'm going home...and following me me there would not be a good idea, go away!

sorry for the long story, but i guess the bottom line is...what's with some people?!? oh, and radar detectors are useless when the cop is gaining on you at 100+mph. that was stupidity on my part
Old 06-25-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

good one, I have that happen every once in a while with my wife, pises me smooth off when People get in between us or tail gate her. Good kill though some people are such morons. Can you say common senseless<-(my own word I think)
Old 06-25-2004, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I bet it took everything you had to get your heart out of your feet back up into your chest after seeing the lights on the cop car.

Good story.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

LOL You should of let him fallow you do yuor Crib ........you should of kicked his *** ..........They just dont know when to quit....and when they lose they Blast with the mouth
Old 06-25-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky you did not get stopped for 120 on a 55. You would slept last in jail.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:54 PM
14 Second Truck Club

no bueno
Old 06-26-2004, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

ahh yes, good 'ol 2920 - the next 1960
Old 06-27-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Don't know about 120 in a 55, but 105 in a 55 will run you about 1200$ here, not counting court costs. They hammer you with speeding, reckless and careless, and still not counting wrecker fees because you ain't drivin her home. Found this out the hard way.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:07 AM
TECH Addict

Where are all you guys getting all this street action? I can go around looking for it but I never find it. Hearing how much it might cost if caught makes me think that I would be better off at the track. Good kill man!

renegade4e, do you go the meets at the sonic on 1960 and aldine westfield?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:46 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by leochevy2001
Where are all you guys getting all this street action? I can go around looking for it but I never find it. Hearing how much it might cost if caught makes me think that I would be better off at the track. Good kill man!

renegade4e, do you go the meets at the sonic on 1960 and aldine westfield?
didn't know there was one...what time/day??

Quick Reply: racing on the way home last night...kinda long