Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Ran a Silverado SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:58 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran a Silverado SS

I was going down the road and seen a red silverado ss yesterday. It had stock exhaust and rims. I get beside him at about 50mph, he punches it and then I punch it. He pulled me by about half a truck right off the bat, (I think because he had about a 1-1 1/2 sec jump). Then he quit pulling on me and I started pulling a little on him. I gained space from about 3-4 feet behind his bumper to his back door and then we came up on traffic and had to hit the brakes. I think we hit the brakes at ~75mph.I was very suprised in how fast he was for probably being stock . He might of had an intake and some kind of tuning, but I think he was probably stock. I guess that's why they have the SS badging! It would certainly kill a single-cab hemi stock vs. stock. Now, I'm motivated to get the LS1 in there and have a rematch!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

nice, id like to know how you did (with mods listed in your sig) against him from a stop. i think thats where the ss shines but im sure youd given him a run. im thinking of losing my badging until my truck can REALY back it up. lol
Old 01-30-2005, 04:21 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by stealth03ss
nice, id like to know how you did (with mods listed in your sig) against him from a stop. i think thats where the ss shines but im sure youd given him a run. im thinking of losing my badging until my truck can REALY back it up. lol
Thanks. I'm sure he'd rip me outta the hole, but I believe that I could've at least caught up with him and maybe pulled on him. Especially if he was stock. That would be a real bad truck if it was a single-cab!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:25 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 99silveradoSS
It would certainly kill a single-cab hemi stock vs. stock. Now, I'm motivated to get the LS1 in there and have a rematch!
Hey Mr Hemi Killer.......I ran a 14.67 stock.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

T-Man, I'd like to tech in on that one myself, my chevy delaership here had an SS, the owner of the chevy dealership also owns the chrysler store, well the salesman I work with got his hands on the SS's keys and we linned them up here on a back road and it was no problem at all killing him, it jumped quick off the line and fell on its face after that and it got owned, and the driver is a good driver so there was really no room for driver error on either side, and at that time both of the trucks were bone stock, end result was about 2 1/2 truck lengths I beat him. The SS's look good and if modded they run good, but chevy messed up big time putting SS badges on a BIG HEAVY truck like they did, should have been like the BEE's, single cab, regular bed, and if chevy did the 6.0 it would be even nicer......................then it would be a true SS contender.....................now the SS just stands for sharp silverado....LOL
Old 01-30-2005, 12:05 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

rumble bee ram and hemi t-man both know that a rcsb hemi will beat a stock SS and both know that a quad cab vs. SS the SS would win there about the same weight. So all in all chevy rules lol joking with both of ya.

P.S. where the hell have you been rodger??
Old 01-30-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
T-Man, I'd like to tech in on that one myself, my chevy delaership here had an SS, the owner of the chevy dealership also owns the chrysler store, well the salesman I work with got his hands on the SS's keys and we linned them up here on a back road and it was no problem at all killing him, it jumped quick off the line and fell on its face after that and it got owned, and the driver is a good driver so there was really no room for driver error on either side, and at that time both of the trucks were bone stock, end result was about 2 1/2 truck lengths I beat him. The SS's look good and if modded they run good, but chevy messed up big time putting SS badges on a BIG HEAVY truck like they did, should have been like the BEE's, single cab, regular bed, and if chevy did the 6.0 it would be even nicer......................then it would be a true SS contender.....................now the SS just stands for sharp silverado....LOL
Don't worry Rumble Bee. You'll get to see what one of these ole chevy's will do real soon!

99 Silver - I don't think a stock SS woulda hung with you like that looking at your times.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Seeing Red Again
99 Silver - I don't think a stock SS woulda hung with you like that looking at your times.

i agree. i hung with an SS about a year ago from a 30 mph role. he had a corsa.

i run high 15.3xx
Old 01-30-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

99silv, that was the exact same race i had with an SS with my old rcsb4.8(i/h/e/hpp3/4.10s/posi). basically the same thing happend and we had to slow down, i got just pass his back wheel before we stopped. i bet the ones both of us raced were modded though.... cuz if u think about it, usually the guy thats willing to race and has the money to buy one... most likely has some mods to go along with it
Old 01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
now the SS just stands for sharp silverado....LOL

HAHAHA even tho i own one that is f'in funny. someone here had a link to car n drivers write up on the 03 silvy ss and they reported running a 14.8 1/4 and a 0-60 of 6.3 i think so all youd realy need to stay next to a reg cab hemi is a fipk. or maybe just lose the heavy rims.

Quick Reply: Ran a Silverado SS