Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Ran a Silverado SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with your times in the sig i don't see a stock SS hanging with you. the ones i have seen at the track, run any where from a 14.9 to a 15.1. i am sure there are the occasional faster ones and slower ones as well.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by goshawk23
the ones i have seen at the track, run any where from a 14.9 to a 15.1.
Geez.....they run low 16's here. I can't believe there's that big of a difference. A full second! I've played with a few on the street, I'm sure they were stock, because I left them pretty good. I have to agree though that the 4 door hemi's are not match. They're well into the 16's also.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I might be a lil biased but I think GM should bring the SyTy's back, but thats just me . It gets kind of annoying hearing all these Dodge guys at our local shows talk about how they kill the GM's, yet they all just avoid me, It even says GMC on the front of my truck but I guess I don't count.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:59 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by HemiTman
Hey Mr Hemi Killer.......I ran a 14.67 stock.
Good for you. Different tracks run different times. Around here scsb hemis run low 16's. Oh yeah, that's with mods.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:02 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Seeing Red Again
Don't worry Rumble Bee. You'll get to see what one of these ole chevy's will do real soon!

99 Silver - I don't think a stock SS woulda hung with you like that looking at your times.
That what I was thinking, but I haven't got any proof that he was stock! If I would've asked him, I'm sure he'd say what everyone says,"I'm stock"
Old 01-31-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

The SS is slow stock, but if you mod it a little, its a quick truck. I can't believe you guys are seeing 16 second times on the hemi rcsb and the SS silverado, it must suck where you live man......it is good here in the fall, spring, and winter, but summer sucks with the humidity up, it kills everything at the track.

Seeing red again, we are having a big dodge shoot out at the rock april 16th, you guys should come out and watch...........
Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seeing red again, we are having a big dodge shoot out at the rock april 16th, you guys should come out and watch...........[/QUOTE]

Where is "The Rock"?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Where is "The Rock"?[/QUOTE]

Man, I thought you guys were racing fans.............and never heard of the ROCK, rockingham,NC, right across the street from the nascar track, its usually a big event track, its on speed channel sometimes, even the big guys run there !!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HemiTman
Hey Mr Hemi Killer.......I ran a 14.67 stock.
Was that you in the silver one last night at HRP? 14.67 definately is not bad, and is better than my 14.8 with a CAI.

99silveradoSS, hurry up and put the LS1 in

Aaron
Old 01-31-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Veteran

I beat a hemi single cab a couple weeks ago myself. I have a 2001 SCSB 5.3 and all i had performance wise was a K+N FIPK and a 3 chamber. I even had my 22's on there. Here's the story, I was on my way home from work at around 12:00(midnight). I pulled up to a red light in an industrial area and here comes a hemi right beside me. It had 20's with exhaust, blue headlights, clear corners, roll pan, tint, no badges except the HEMI in the front and maybe a couple other things i couldnt see from my rear view mirror. lol. anyways, the light turns green and we both roll out a little to about a 20mph roll. He punches it and then so did i. Even though he had the jump, I put a length on him in no time!! Pretty soon i had 2 lengths and and he wasnt catching me so the race was over. I was impressed that my truck ran that good on him with how stock it was and pushing those heavy *** rims. The next light he turned left and i went straight so that was the last i saw of the hemi. i really thought those trucks were faster than that.

OH WELL, CHEVY-1 DODGE-0

No offense dodge guys, They are still sweet trucks!!

Quick Reply: Ran a Silverado SS