Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

rcsb 4.8 vs rcsb hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe your truck is magic and all the ones you raced were not. Or your idea of a truck length is different than everyone elses. *shrugs* Wierd though considering I've ran quicker than you in the 1/4 yet still go beat pretty bad by one.

Glad you're out there putting Hemis in their place though. I got another week before I can be doing it. LOL
Old 06-10-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Maybe your truck is magic and all the ones you raced were not. Or your idea of a truck length is different than everyone elses. *shrugs* Wierd though considering I've ran quicker than you in the 1/4 yet still go beat pretty bad by one.

Glad you're out there putting Hemis in their place though. I got another week before I can be doing it. LOL
I would have to agree, I think you need to be running at least mid-14's to put 3 trucklengths on most RCSB Hemis. I have raced several of them and although I have never lost, it has always been a close race.

The best one was a couple of months back, really really nice truck. Full custom paint, hood, ground effects and wheels. Totally decked out and complete with a license plate that read: HMI PWR. As soon as I saw that I had to get a piece of him. We courted for a while and finally got a nice even start from about 65. It took everything I had to get maybe 3/4 truck on him at around 110?? I'm not sure what he had done but it ran real good, considering that I can probably run a high 13 under ideal conditions. The bottom line is that the RCSB Hemi is nothing to take lightly. Once they get more aftermarket support, there's gonna be trouble.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jmproductions
I would have to agree, I think you need to be running at least mid-14's to put 3 trucklengths on most RCSB Hemis. I have raced several of them and although I have never lost, it has always been a close race.

The best one was a couple of months back, really really nice truck. Full custom paint, hood, ground effects and wheels. Totally decked out and complete with a license plate that read: HMI PWR. As soon as I saw that I had to get a piece of him. We courted for a while and finally got a nice even start from about 65. It took everything I had to get maybe 3/4 truck on him at around 110?? I'm not sure what he had done but it ran real good, considering that I can probably run a high 13 under ideal conditions. The bottom line is that the RCSB Hemi is nothing to take lightly. Once they get more aftermarket support, there's gonna be trouble.

Have you had yours to the track?It would be interesting to know if you can break into the 13s
Old 06-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Teching In

i need a programmer. haven't lost to a silverado in the new truck.. yet. then again the opportunity hasn't arrived. no one with a silvy wants to race down here in orlando.

but if you're running 15.3's and claiming these 3-5 truck length wins on them every time... you're full of ****. 14.992 bone stock here. only mods were the street scene grill insert and lowering shackles. lol. obviously not performance mods..

did i mention i'm on 20's? ... with a peg leg?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

I was thinking the same thing there 38. I see guys posting their kill threads claiming 3-4 truck legenth wins and in their signatures it says their best time is a 15.XX second 1/4 mile run. WTF????? 38, you are running just a little quicker than I am, I'm at 14.6 in the 1/4 @ 91mph, but all of my runs have been on hot/humid days. They (chevy,dodge) are pretty close on the rcsb vs. rcsb, alot of it is driver and track conditions from my point of view, atleast thats what it looks like anyhoo.

Also, if you run a stock dodge with the factory 17 inch wheels it has a 3:55 rear, the factory trucks with the 20's run the 3:92s.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

The only issue with 1/4mile times is the traction or should I say 60' differences.

RumbleBee you're truck would kill my RCSB 4.8L in the 1/4mile but on the freeway it may turn out differently. If you look at your ET of 14.6 vs my 15.29 it is very evident you're quicker. But my MPH was 90.8mph and yours was 91mph. That would lead me to belive that on the top end we would be near equal. So say in a freeway race from 75mph on it would be much closer than if we raced from a dead stop.

I think it's so weird how Dodges do that. They trap really low but their MPH is kinda low. Any insight into this?

Ohh, my truck had very little wheelspin at all so I doubt I could get much better than a 2.28 60' with a dead hook.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Fatal, you called that out a while back and I had never payed that much attention to it until then, but about everyone I see now I look at it, alot of them do have low speeds and good ETs though................no clue though, but its far off from what GM and Ford products as well are doing.

If you think its bad on the trucks, look at the old turboed shelby stuff, that'll really trip you out.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Also, if you run a stock dodge with the factory 17 inch wheels it has a 3:55 rear, the factory trucks with the 20's run the 3:92s.

not true..... some of the trucks with 17s come with 3.92 gears just like mine

Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by runin9s
My truck is a 5.3,3:73,G80 all stock(Sig Pic) and I been really tempted to race a regular cab hemi. There are plenty I see here in Houston. If 420 had a good run with one I imagine how I would compare?
have you ran your truck on the track.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Have you had yours to the track?It would be interesting to know if you can break into the 13s
Ran low 9's in the 1/8 before the cam. Should be able to get into an 8 now no problem. We don't have a 1/4 track very close by so I haven't run the 1/4 with her yet. All I know is that I have beaten more mid-low 14 sec cars than I can count, so I'm just taking all that into consideration with that estimate.

h777: That is a sweet video, I like how you left the toolbox in. Also 13.71 is an amazing time for that truck, that baby really runs!

Quick Reply: rcsb 4.8 vs rcsb hemi?