Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

really ticked!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all they have now that i like is the trucks ,he but they need more power aleast a standard engine producing some 310 then a bigger engine offering some 340, that would be nice
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HemiTman
Yes, It sure would be nice if an auto manufacture would build a rcsb truck that you could put the highest rated HP motor in it to go racing at an affordable price that a working man could buy
Come on GM help us out here!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HemiTman
Yes, It sure would be nice if an auto manufacture would build a rcsb truck that you could put the highest rated HP motor in it to go racing at an affordable price that a working man could buy..........oh wait a minute, what about the laughing stock of the big 3? How about just biting the bullet and get yourself a Dodge?

Sorry guys, I am a die-hard Chevy fan, always will be, but what the hell can you cheer about at the bow tie dealer today? The last blow was the redesign of the vette; I think it looks a little to euro to me.

In the fall of 2002 was a sad day in the history of Chevrolet, went to buy a new truck or car at the dealership and all they had were AV front end style of the ’03 truck, sorry maybe those trucks will grow on me in time and for cars………rows and rows of the Monte Carlo and whatever uninspired new designs GM thought we would want.

Ended up buying a used 02 Z71………….I think that will be the last year of cars the Chevy made sense.
I agree, GM's current trend of designs are uninspiring to say the least. I do like the Vette though.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'm unique in that I disagree. Yes, GM's stock offerings are quite lackluster, to say the least. BUT, they are super easy to modify. Frankly I would rather have a bland GM with an easily crackable PCM which allows custom tuning, both for higher performance per se, and to accomodate add-ons such as FI systems, hotter cams etc., rather than have a Dodge hemi which is sort of hot stock, but whose PCM is impermeable, and will actually reduce power to cancel out any gains caused by mods. Besides, I think there is more pride in "rolling your own" rather than simply buying off the dealer lot.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not that it wouldnt be cool to have a say LS2 powered truck because it would be but it doesnt bother me if I never see it! It gives us something to do! Ok say they put out a 400hp truck. It would be 55hp more that the LQ4 and for the difference in price they would probably ask for it you can get 100hp+ for close to the same amount of money(SC/TC) and your truck would be different than the others!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

400hp in a RCSB (with little to no weight over the rear tires) would mean alot of new trucks in the ditches and wrapped around telephone poles. It would require major suspension and drivetrain upgrades to keep it reliable and safe enough to release to the public. All this would add up to more money. Now who is ready to go out and lay down 40k for a 400hp rcsb pickup? It is not always as easy as throwing a big hp engine in there and go. You can choose to do that on your own but the General probably wants to avoid the liability and maintenance issues associated with this. Just food for thought. I would love to see it happen as much as the next guy but I doubt it will.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE
I guess I'm unique in that I disagree. Yes, GM's stock offerings are quite lackluster, to say the least. BUT, they are super easy to modify. Frankly I would rather have a bland GM with an easily crackable PCM which allows custom tuning, both for higher performance per se, and to accomodate add-ons such as FI systems, hotter cams etc., rather than have a Dodge hemi which is sort of hot stock, but whose PCM is impermeable, and will actually reduce power to cancel out any gains caused by mods. Besides, I think there is more pride in "rolling your own" rather than simply buying off the dealer lot.
Those are some great points. I've heard you can't even get into the Hemi's PCM, and we have 3 programs right now that will do it. I think I'd rather be in our shoes. Though I wish our LS1 parts were a little cheaper, like SBC parts....
Old 02-23-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know about you guys but i always thought it was more like this...

Cars:

Ford Cobra mustang Vs Corvette...Vette wins
Ford Mustang GT Vs SS Camero... SS wins
Ford mustang GT Vs z28 Camero...Z28 wins
Ford mustang V6 Vs RS Camero.... Too slow to know

Trucks:

Ford Lightning Vs Any chevy truck... Lightning Wins, but keep in mind this is a forced inducted motor!!!!! So without the BS supercharger lets move on...

Ford f150 V6 Vs Chevy 1500 V6...1500 wins
Ford f150 V8 4.6/5.4 Vs Chevy 1500 5.7/5.3/4.8... ALL 1500's would win!!!!
Ford f250 V10/5.4 Vs Chevy 2500 6.0/8.1... 2500's would win
Ford f250 Powerstroke Vs Chevy 2500 Duramax...Duramax wins obviously Do I have to continue!!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smooth sierra
400hp in a RCSB (with little to no weight over the rear tires) would mean alot of new trucks in the ditches and wrapped around telephone poles. It would require major suspension and drivetrain upgrades to keep it reliable and safe enough to release to the public. All this would add up to more money. Now who is ready to go out and lay down 40k for a 400hp rcsb pickup? It is not always as easy as throwing a big hp engine in there and go. You can choose to do that on your own but the General probably wants to avoid the liability and maintenance issues associated with this. Just food for thought. I would love to see it happen as much as the next guy but I doubt it will.

I agree, besides I like modding my truck to my specifications...Performance enthusiasts end up replacing half the engine anyways I know its only a guess but 40K would seem a little steep for an rcsb pickup with only 400hp but hey, all we can do is wait to see what these guys dream up....

SLA
Old 02-23-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, even Dodge does it wrong. They are coming out with the 6.1L V8 motor in the SRT-8 models, 425 - 400 hp/trq. The Magnum and 300 get it, trucks get squat. DC forgets where the 5.7L "Hemi" hype came from and is not planning to put the 6.1L in the truck line anytime soon. WTF? Sure, buy a crate motor for mega bucks. I tried to figure out how to make my 5.7 into a 6.1 but there are too many differences, not to mention the computer BS.

Quick Reply: really ticked!!!!!