Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

really ticked!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Silverado_5.3
I agree, besides I like modding my truck to my specifications...Performance enthusiasts end up replacing half the engine anyways I know its only a guess but 40K would seem a little steep for an rcsb pickup with only 400hp but hey, all we can do is wait to see what these guys dream up....

SLA
IF they did it I am sure it would include many 'appearance upgrades' also similar to what the current SS silverado has. the price difference between extended cab and regular cab on the base trucks is what about 3-4k? What does the current SS sticker for? subtract 3-4k from that and what do you get? that is before you start addressing the weak rearend in a 2wd truck or the tranny? I think 40k is right in line with where it would start. the lightning ran 33k and everybody knows fords are cheap!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

[HOLDING BREATH] Just wait. GM will come out with cars/trucks that will get us exited again. [/HOLDING BREATH]
Old 02-23-2005, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smooth sierra
IF they did it I am sure it would include many 'appearance upgrades' also similar to what the current SS silverado has. the price difference between extended cab and regular cab on the base trucks is what about 3-4k? What does the current SS sticker for? subtract 3-4k from that and what do you get? that is before you start addressing the weak rearend in a 2wd truck or the tranny? I think 40k is right in line with where it would start. the lightning ran 33k and everybody knows fords are cheap!!!

Well, if they're going to have a sticker for 40K then they should have something nice to look at. I think you're right in the sense that whatever improvements they make might be aesthetical. As far as performance is concerned...no one knows what the engineers will design, with the ever growing epidemic of environmentally-safe automobiles who knows what lies ahead...but i don't think the adrenaline rush one gets from feeling the soothing purr of a big block, gas-chugging, nitrous-burning, powerhouse we have under our hoods, will never get old...Live Life At Full Throttle....

SLA