Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

REflecting back to the old days of LS1tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REflecting back to the old days of LS1tech

Once apon a time, before the days of the 50 different truck Moderators we have today{ Nothing personal guys} it wa s a site filled with info and laughs. Back before the days of intercoolers ,dubs, and people that wasted $80 on shipping to Joan and Diablo motorsports for a custome tune, {myself } we had guys with trucks in magazines and Ox was the fastest trucks. I think we even had a troll back then. What ever happened to that guy anyway?{cough....We wont mention that I was for a day..cough...cough} Since then I have seen the error of my ways. I know Mr.Mix, Myself, and Hyde were pretty much roll models to all but what happened to the others like Maximboom , 1999stepside, and the others. Anyone heard from any of these guys? Hell even red53gmc doesnt post much anymore or Redaddiction even. Anyone ever hear what happened to these guys? I would have to say we have seen alot of things change over the years. The site has made a few changes to improve over this period of time. hell, we have gone from like 20 different avatars to select from to Barney smacking dhat azz. Just want to hear some of the old timers favorite stories on here.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RED2K
Once apon a time, before the days of the 50 different truck Moderators we have today{ Nothing personal guys} it wa s a site filled with info and laughs. Back before the days of intercoolers ,dubs, and people that wasted $80 on shipping to Joan and Diablo motorsports for a custome tune, {myself } we had guys with trucks in magazines and Ox was the fastest trucks. I think we even had a troll back then. What ever happened to that guy anyway?{cough....We wont mention that I was for a day..cough...cough} Since then I have seen the error of my ways. I know Mr.Mix, Myself, and Hyde were pretty much roll models to all but what happened to the others like Maximboom , 1999stepside, and the others. Anyone heard from any of these guys? Hell even red53gmc doesnt post much anymore or Redaddiction even. Anyone ever hear what happened to these guys? I would have to say we have seen alot of things change over the years. The site has made a few changes to improve over this period of time. hell, we have gone from like 20 different avatars to select from to Barney smacking dhat azz. Just want to hear some of the old timers favorite stories on here.
You bring up some very interesting points. There have been alot of members that used to frequent the site often that just don't post as much or at all anymore. Not sure why. I may not be one of the original "tech" members but I remember alot of you from way back in the LS1.com days. Thanks to Richard (BigTex) for telling me where everybody took off to. Anyway, it's cool to see how this site has really grown since the first day I came here. Just response to "50 moderators" statement (I know you mean no harm in that ) You'd be surprise at the amount of daily maintenance that goes on here. There have been many changes and most if not all of them for the better in my opinion. I can also say that I've met some really cool and knowledgeable people here. Sure not everybody gets along at times but that's a part of life and besides where else do we go to share the one thing we have in common, our trucks? This site is still chalk full of info and laughs. The site may seem to have slowed but I think that this is because this site doesn't have that initial exciting "newness" mainly due to the fact that these NBS trucks and our LS1/LS6 relatives aren't new anymore. They and this site has matured.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JSmith
They and this site has matured.
Whachyou talkin' bout Willis???
Old 03-30-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Whachyou talkin' bout Willis???
Well "some" have matured.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JSmith
Well "some" have matured.

Thats more like it.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

[
We have gained alot on this site. The whole 50 mods line was to be taken in fun. I hope this hasnt hurt my being next in line to be the next mod.
Maybe I can get my two old chums to get back on/ { mix and hyde} to put some law back in this little town because some of the fights on here sound like someone is going to get a pop knot big enough to hook a bass boat to.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I signed on to this forum in April of 02, I first started veiwing it in Jan of that same year. I remember all those member mentioned above. I remember when Oxi was top dog in the 12's and he would actually post on a daily basis. Who remembers Terry Burger trolling in the truck section?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Banned

hahaha, who misses my old avatar?
Old 03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

yeah slow your old one looked like one of those Quiznos rats things. Old terry burgerand the **** talk from his 4.3 half truck
Old 03-31-2004, 12:01 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Who remembers Terry Burger trolling in the truck section?
Terry trolled everywhere Hehehe

Quick Reply: REflecting back to the old days of LS1tech