Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Reserved

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:13 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

damn! how did I miss this..............Congrats!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
damn! how did I miss this..............Congrats!
Don't feel bad. I stumbled across it on ls1tech and posted a link to it. The 1st reply linked me to this thread.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulationson the class win.

I couldn't be more proud to see a truck win at drag week.

Excellent work by Kyle!
Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

anyone else tired of waiting for the video of the cheatin bastards?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
With the big names and big money on that team I can't understand why they would even need to cheat. What a bunch of **** bags. I'm glad somebody who did it honest won. When can I see the vid of the **** bags loading and unloading thier trailer? Good luck to Jim on the 9 second run.
Couldnt have said it better myself .

Its pretty sad that these guys got caught cheating with some pretty big names backing them . This event is built around the local hot rodder , ya know the small guy thats in it for the love of drag racing . Its not like its the Big Money NHRA **** where you must win or you loose your job .

I for one am glad to see they got caught and Jim came out on top .

We need to have somebody to do a "priceless" video of them getting caught loading that car on the trailer , that would be great !
Old 09-18-2005, 02:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kyle will do a video as soon as he can, we got about 3 hours of sleep a night all week and are all very tired, it was a great week and you guys will love the video, so much good stuff.

kyle is talking about making a dvd for the week and selling it. how many people might be interested in that?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:45 PM
single digit dreamer

yep, we made the entire drive and got it put in the garage at 6am this morning. It was an interesting trip.

Tuesday we broke a wheel stud

Wednesday we broke another wheel stud(cheap chrome lug nuts)

Thursday it was running warm towards the end of the day at the track

Friday it got warm after just a couple of runs and would not cool down for nothing, we got the win locked in and they made last call so i went ahead and turned it up and ran it one more time. it didn't run any faster and overheated big time. i thought i spit out a head gasket. after it cooled down we added some coolant and it seemed OK other than it was running warm. it turned out it was just an electric fan issue.

we drive to Chicago on Friday night and hung out with my tranny guy Chuck from finish line transmission he was really cool and has a very nice shop. you could eat off of his floor and his tranny dyno is neat. we left there about 4pm on Saturday. a couple of hours outside of town scotts black dodge truck broke down, he had a bad alternator. the idea was he would tow me home if i broke down but it turned out i had to help get his truck running, we found an alternator and i gave him a jump and we got back on the road.

we stopped in desmoines about midnight and found a couple of street races then got back on the road at 2am or so. about 60 miles from home i had to sleep so Kyle was going to drive. he asked if he could light up the tires and i told him it was his ticket. he got on it and about 20 feet out the boost came on and there was a BIG BOOM. the rear let go!!! all those miles and beating the hell out of it and the rear finally let go. The drive shaft was spinning and the tires were not, there was a little grinding sound.

We decided to try 4wd and limp it home. We kept it under 60mph and were getting closer to home, we knew it could let go or lock up at anytime. about 5 miles from home it really came apart in there. Chunking, grinding, clanking, poping..... we drove 5mph or so from that point on and just stayed on the shoulder took awhile to make that last five miles but we made it home on our own power.

what a great week!!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Sexy Party Mod

ME!!! Got first dibbs....I get a discount for that right?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Sexy Party Mod

That sux! Besides your rear, is everything else ok?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:52 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
That sux! Besides your rear, is everything else ok?
got a few little things to fix up and the truck is dirty. we put 2300+miles on it in 7 days and about 20 passes at the track. i am happy with how well it survived.

Quick Reply: Reserved