Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

ruined my interior today

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had mineral spirits get on my clothes and not stain. I would try a spot under the seat or somewhere hidden and wait awhile and see if it fades or stains.

Hope it works out!!

-Nate
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Well they are the cloth power seats, where would I go to find new factory covers? I think just the vinyl on the back seat is hit so I know I can clean that up, but I'd like to recover both front seats anyway.

Also, any suggeston on the interior panels? I need a door sill plate, the one in front of that(by the hood latch) the one behind that that goes into the back of the cab (3door) and the plastic panel for the side of the power seat. And at least one door panel, two if they aren't outrageous. I would honestly rather replace all of it than clean it and it ending up looking like crap in a year. And I'm not a fan of junkyard interior parts for something like this. If it were just one then I'd say yes but with it being basically half the interior minus the console I'd rather just go with new.

My interior is the lighter grey color.

I can get the whole molded stock carpet for $118 from stockinteriors.com.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have hurried up and held it over your mirrors and bowtie.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

That blows, I think I'd start with some interior cleaners before working my way up to the thinners and mineral spirits. If one of them can get it out without damage great, if not you could move a rung up the ladder and try the next harshest thing until you found something that works. Good luck

You might try some simple green. I remember using that stuff as a kid to strip paint off of models. Might do the trick without harming the interior plastics
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

you can get the factory seat covers at the dealer

just give them your vin
Old 11-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Shannon, I'm assuming I can get the panels too? If I can get the seats and panels I'd just do that. I've already pretty well decided I'm getting the carpet from that website. If I can salvage the interior panels I'd be much more inclined to just buy new seat covers and door panels for it...

Ill be sure to bring the industrial bottle of lube to the dealership with me.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

you should have went directly to a pressure washer. i have pressure washed an entire interior. tint and all. stay away from the edges of the tint and dry it immediately. also dont try and wash anything in the dash thats near electronics. cover the motors and switches on your seats best as possible and wd40 the **** out of it and blow it out with a air compressor. dont get too close either. a water heater helps a lot but it will work without. add a small amount of clothes detergent to the cloth. SMALL AMOUNT GOES A LONG WAYS. otherwise you can blow bubbles out of your seats for 2 years haha. dont ask how i know

i think it can be cleaned but the longer you wait the less chances you have.

oh, and use a REAL pressure washer. not some quarter machine. at least a 2000 washer
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

You can get plastic dye at many automotive paint supply places. Or any sort of epoxy paint would be a very good choice too.

I keep considering doing my interior up a satin black instead of haze grey and underway.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:59 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by L7 Sierra
You can get plastic dye at many automotive paint supply places. Or any sort of epoxy paint would be a very good choice too.

I keep considering doing my interior up a satin black instead of haze grey and underway.
you would die over paint runs? im assuming there is running paint everywhere.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

You're assuming correctly....

Quick Reply: ruined my interior today