Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

ruined my interior today

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why replace your whole seat? just recover them, acetone should work to take the paint off of the plastic, maybe water it down a bit to be sure it wont melt or soften the plastic. the tint isnt too much to get replaced, about $20 per window around here. good luck cleaning everything up
Old 11-21-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like i've seen factory seatcovers on ebay before too
Old 11-21-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben I would seriously reread post 10. There may be another alternative and they are extremely knowledgeable over there
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Where's the Beef?

I WANT PICS!!!! Cuz this has to be hilarious to see.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I still haven't found the humor in it but others may...

Mark, ill jump on there and post it up whenever I get a few minutes. We kinda got busy at work tonight.

Carey, I'm planning on recovering them, but I can't say I'd mind swapping them out for newer leather seats, just have to get the rear to match.

I've got a frikking mess on my hands.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say there is no humor in it, Ill post up on autopia and see if they have suggestions.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I appreciate the help bro... Any and all is needed right now. Time is of the essence.

The crappiest part is, I just got the turbo build done and have only been driving it a couple weeks and was planning the details of a motor build/trans build when this happened... I hope this feeling passes because right now, I'm ready to throw another stock motor in it and just park it. I'm honestly pretty disgusted in general. I'm glad I'm picking up my new truck Saturday so I don't have to look at this damn thing on a daily basis. I guess I just need a break from the thing for a while. Its running good right now and its dependable as ever.

Ask anyone who knows me, I'm not one to do a bunch of interior mods, hell, I had it 2yrs before I even put an aftermerket CD player in it. The carpet had stains when I bought it so like I said, it was going to eventually be changed anyway... I absolutely hate working on interiors... That's why mine stay 98% stock on everything I drive... Mine was still in good shape, minus the carpet. Which is why this so hars of a kick in the figs for me...

I know some of you wouldn't hesitate to jerk the entire interior out and re-do everything, but I guess interior work just isn't my thing. I'd rather play under the hood...

I'm still pissed.....
Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Where's the Beef?

The humor in it is the fact that something like that actually happened. I mean, you worry about something like that happening, but it never does. Until now..

I don't think it's funny that your interior is ruined. So don't take it wrong. No one wants to have that happen

I joke all the time about managing to Roll a 6 month old escape after 16k miles at only 35mph. Believe it or not... I did it
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 AM
Where's the Beef?

I didn't bother to read every post so forgive me if it's been asked. but Is that something insurance can cover? or would it just not be worth filing a claim?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

My deductable is either 500 or 750, I can't honestly remember, its been so long since I made any kind of claim... I had thought about that but I'm pretty sure I can fix it for that much, or close to it, and probably even less. If it ends up being 1000-1200 to fix, which I don't see, then I'd consider it. Probably wouldn't do it though since like I said, I'm picking up a new truck tomorrow. This one can be parked and I can take my time on it now instead of working on it and trying to DD it all at the same time.

Quick Reply: ruined my interior today