Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

ruined my interior today

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I still haven't found the humor in it but others may...

Mark, ill jump on there and post it up whenever I get a few minutes. We kinda got busy at work tonight.

Carey, I'm planning on recovering them, but I can't say I'd mind swapping them out for newer leather seats, just have to get the rear to match.

I've got a frikking mess on my hands.
i have thought about recovering my seats with SSS seat covers but if i did i would want the heated option too because i hate the cold enough without having to sit on cold seats.

what truck are you getting for a DD?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Picked up an S-10, driving to FW in the morning... Ill call you on the way up there...
Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

I actually just spoke for a complete of SSS seats just a few minutes ago the dark grey ones, should look good with my color.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Has anybody changed the carpet in one of these trucks? Any tips?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

suced man u can use sum tinner on the plasics but dot leave it on too much or waxin silicone remover should work too found in any harware store audozone advance ....
Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

man that sucks......I had a 2L bottle of Pepsi do the exact same thing in traffic!

I was f*cking pissed after I lost exactly 1L of soda throughout my truck
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would use whatever got it of without damaging the plastic itself, the dye on stock panels is very easily removed by any mild/moderate cleaner, as long as you dont damage the plastic you'll be fine for my next suggestion. They make plastic,vinyl/carpet dye's, you can go with spray can type, I would reccomend SEM brand available at carquest and other part stores, or go to an auto paint store and buy it to your interior code. Since you have said you like stock appearing interiors this would be a good option and wont break your wallet either. If you have the light grey interior the color is Pewter and the SEM dye matches very well, the paint store can get you matched up perfectly since they can mix it to your code. Also another option if you don't want to do it yourself would be to check the phone book for paint touch up services, they should be able to do interior as well, dealerships use them as a low cost option to replacing worn interior parts. There are several in my area that do a great job and you should not have to hard of a time finding someone in your area to get the job done. You could even call up the used car manager at your local dealership and ask who they use.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Well I went this morning and picked up all the panels I needed from a salvage yd. I got the door panel, sill plate, Ebrake panel and the complete panel that covers the side of the cab next to the back seat. (Where the 4th door usually is) all for 50 bucks... The sill plate is faded a bit but I think some armor all will bring it back and the door panel needs some cleaning but I think it will come out ok.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to fine 3 door specific interior parts for a late model ext cab. They only made a 3 door ext cab for less than a year in this body style. Late 99 to mid 2000. Then late 2000 and up is all 4 door. I kinda had to take what I could get. I didn't want to get the panels from the dealership and get robbed.... I'm sure the door panel alone would have been a few times more than what I gave for everything.

all I have left is carpet now gotta order it....
Old 11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to fine 3 door specific interior parts for a late model ext cab. They only made a 3 door ext cab for less than a year in this body style. Late 99 to mid 2000. Then late 2000 and up is all 4 door.

you mean only 3 doors open fully? that's interesting
Old 11-26-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You should have tried the Mr. Clean! The Lye in it is pretty powerful stuff and it doesn't attack plastic.

Quick Reply: ruined my interior today