Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

sad story

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sad story

Mods, please don't delete this. Just read.

I have a friend whom I've known for a little more than a year. His name is Vincent Perini. Last year his father died. Ever since then he has been somewhat depressed and his life seemed to be on a steady decline. I found out this morning that he shot himself last night.

He was 18 and just finished highschool. He went to one of the best schools in FL and had a great opportunity to do very well in life. He had a modded Lightning and he loved it.

This story most likely has no relevance to anyone here, but I thought I'd share it to help some people realize how valuable life is and how selfish suicide is. Now his mother has to live alone with no husband and no children. Please, if you or anyone you know has or is considering suicide, don't do it.

-James Coffman
Old 08-07-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

I lost my dad a little over 2 years ago, and it is really tough. But I'm not gonna kill myself because of it, he taught me better than that.

A friend of mine also just committed suicide, for something very trivial. That is also tough
Old 08-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I had a cousin that did that and it was a very hard time on the whole family. It was incredibly hard for me and his younger brother because we were all so close. It has torn our family apart so much that we rarely ever talk to each other anymore. Its not anything that i would wish on my worst enemy. If you have a problem talk to somebody. Doing that wont help you or your family.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 PM

My heart and prayers go out to you and his family. This is truely sad! The older I get (45), the more emotional I've become, this truely hit's me right in the heart.
Jim
Old 08-07-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

i hate it when things like this come up....if you feel like you need to talk to someone...for god sakes talk to somebody...they dont think of the devastation that they bring to other family members and friends
Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is truly sad! When I was 18, my girlfriend (one I was going to marry) passed away. It tore me apart. I gave up on almost everything. I lost the house I was buying, my new car, my job, my chance of going to a university. I almost ended it all, but for some reason, God was looking out for me and I didn't. The thought of my family going through that, was enough for me to stop. Although it has been 8 years, there still isn't a day I don't think about her.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

My condolenses to everyone who has lost someone. But belive me you Guys, there are so many times I havent tought of such being dead! Going through hard times and getting so depressed. I learned just to tough it out and JUST FORGET ABOUT IT!! But thats easier said than done!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

I will say a prayer for you tonight im sorry to hear that my uncle did the same shot himself behind the garage, i just could think how selfish and how i never wanted my family to have to go through that. God will always help you find your way.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Launching!

First off that sucks for you and his mother and I know how it happens, It's crap...

Originally Posted by Element 80
That is truly sad! When I was 18, my girlfriend (one I was going to marry) passed away. It tore me apart. I gave up on almost everything. I lost the house I was buying, my new car, my job, my chance of going to a university. I almost ended it all, but for some reason, God was looking out for me and I didn't. The thought of my family going through that, was enough for me to stop. Although it has been 8 years, there still isn't a day I don't think about her.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.
I feel really sorry for you, losing someone as close as someone you know you want to spend the rest of your life with has to be hard... If you don't mind me asking, how did she go?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My best friends dad died a while back and he took it bad, so did i cause we are like family an he was down big time. Killing your self is a permenent sollution to a temporary problem.It is just messed up how different people deal with problems. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

Quick Reply: sad story