Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Screwed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Screwed

Ok this is the skinny pulled stock headers off 2007 Tahoe and one broken header bolt, that's problem one any ideas to fix it's actually inside the block a little too. Second I ordered some pacesetter headers with Y pipe from Texas -Speed great guys hooked me up. Parts show up I called them twice to double check on part numbers, wrong headers car in pieces need help asap.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

what did they send u headers for?? If you have a 2wd any header from 99 to 2008 would work..

Last edited by pewterliftedz; 06-18-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Now that is the problem it's a 4x4 so i'm see if Texas-speed will man up and send the right ones and I can just toss them in since all the hard work is done
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mpal
Now that is the problem it's a 4x4 so i'm see if Texas-speed will man up and send the right ones and I can just toss them in since all the hard work is done
Man up.. those are chose words for someone with 3 posts.

I've done quite a bit of business with Texas Speed, and have worked on Charity Events with them. I have never had an issue with them.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:31 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Man up.. those are chose words for someone with 3 posts.

I've done quite a bit of business with Texas Speed, and have worked on Charity Events with them. I have never had an issue with them.
What does that have to do with the guy getting the wrong headers??

OP, get it straightened out with Texas Speed and let us know how it turns out.

As for your broken manifold bolt, your gonna have to see if there is any way you can grab the bolt with some channel locks to try and get it out, or you will have to drill it out and re tap the hole. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

get a good extractor set. reverse bits and extractors. works wonders, and theyre nice to have around when you need them.

also there are two sides to every story. It could have been he accidentally ordered the wrong headers, or they accidentally shipped the wrong ones. No one really needs to "man up". when there is an issue like this, just call and have an intelligent conversation with them and chances are they'll get you the right parts. manners go a long way

OP, not directed to you, just saying, in general.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TIM Z
What does that have to do with the guy getting the wrong headers??

He's not giving them an opportunity to make resolve with the issue. And it's got nothing to do about manning-up, it's about doing good business. **** happens, no one's perfect. Though we'd like to think so...
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Teching In

I understand the harsh words but the main problem I had was i checked and double checked before I ordered them over the phone and they are a great company and were very helpful. At the same time as soon as the headers showed up I called them and double checked two more times cause the part number is for a 99/06 tahoe and I have a 2007 and they are different, I was told all set so I finally got home from training in military to do this now the truck is in pieces and I'm kinda screwed. I just really hope they can send me the right stuff ASAP and I would even pay to ship the others back just wanna get this fixed asap I leave again this Friday sooo. Appreciate the feedback though and as of now no problems with Texas-Speed, just hope they can fix this asap.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the bolt, I would try and put some weld on it with a mig welder. If you can build it up outside of the head, the heat from the weld will usually loosen it up, and you will have a place to grab onto it. If you plan on using an extractor dont weld it at all.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
For the bolt, I would try and put some weld on it with a mig welder. If you can build it up outside of the head, the heat from the weld will usually loosen it up, and you will have a place to grab onto it. If you plan on using an extractor dont weld it at all.
To add to this. I build up the weld to get a little nub showing, then I weld a nut onto the nub. I let the weld cool for a minute or so and then back it out with a socket and ratchet. It takes longer to get the welder out than the bolt.