Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Side swiped by lying old fart

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side swiped by lying old fart

I was coming home from work today and some old man decides to get in the turn lane pass a few cars and get back over. He tries to pull in front of me, but I would not let him. So the a**hole side swipes my truck. We pull over. I ask him what was he trying to do and the jerk plays stupid. He tells me he is willing to forget it and we don't need to call the cops. I say no way in hell, that his Insurance Co. is going to repair my truck. The cops take almost an hour to show up and when they finally get there the old f**ker lies out his *** and tells the police I tried to cut him off. So the cop ends up giving us both a ticket for illegal lane change. If this a**hole thinks he getting off he has another thing coming. The next time we meet he will also be meeting my attorney. What an a**wipe.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate motherf*ckers like that. No witnesses to say what happened?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:16 PM
7 Second Club

I had a remarkably similar situation happen to me 2 years ago.A women decided to turn right just as I was entering a intersection.Well she clipped the passenger side fender of the F-350 dually I was driving.As I get out of my truck this 50 year old woman that just hit me is cussing me out.I told her a lady shouldn't talk like that and the profanity never stopped until the cops got there.She instantly burst into tears when the cop showed up and she told him I was scaring her.I guess me sitting there quietly listening to her tirade was intimidating to her.The cop decided to not make a decision,and he didn't write either of us a ticket.The only consolation I have is my truck was fixed with a little rubbing compound,her car had the front bumper fascia torn off and the radiator was leaking pretty bad.I drove away while she was waiting for a tow truck.
As far as legal action,without reliable witnesses I would say you're probably SOL.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Time for some covert action on this one. What at tool!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
I was coming home from work today and some old man decides to get in the turn lane pass a few cars and get back over. He tries to pull in front of me, but I would not let him. So the a**hole side swipes my truck. We pull over. I ask him what was he trying to do and the jerk plays stupid. He tells me he is willing to forget it and we don't need to call the cops. I say no way in hell, that his Insurance Co. is going to repair my truck. The cops take almost an hour to show up and when they finally get there the old f**ker lies out his *** and tells the police I tried to cut him off. So the cop ends up giving us both a ticket for illegal lane change. If this a**hole thinks he getting off he has another thing coming. The next time we meet he will also be meeting my attorney. What an a**wipe.

dude, some guy in a stick rolled back and rocked my Z28. I had to pay out of pocket for his damages and mine
Old 05-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Truck addict

man that sux. sorry to hear about your incident. if you have to, get a lawyer like you said. make sure you don't take one in the anus.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:26 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by treyZ28
dude, some guy in a stick rolled back and rocked my Z28. I had to pay out of pocket for his damages and mine
He probably had drilled and slotted rotors
Old 05-21-2004, 03:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
He probably had drilled and slotted rotors
hey now...let's not do this again.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

kind of makes you wanna carry a video camera on you so you can record the convo while your waiting for the cops. Sucks cause unless your hurt, people keep driving.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

no witnesses, ur screwed... first thing u gotta do after an accident is look for people who saw it. its just ur word vs his now

Quick Reply: Side swiped by lying old fart