Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Silverado on hydro's? lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:00 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think that is funny as hell. It makes me think about when I had my Regal with hydros. Can you say some straight headaches. That car was so much work.

It 3 wheeled crazy though. Had 14" strokes in the back. The front could hop 40 inches. 10 batteries, 4 pumps, 12 switches, gold spokes, candy paint, phantom top, and custom interior. So happy I got rid of that thing.

Everytime the car 3 wheeled, the quarter panel would crease really bad. When you put the car down, it would pop right back out. I eventually had to fiberglass the quarter from inside the trunk so this wouldnt happen.
Attached Thumbnails Silverado on hydro's? lol-14159959_l.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol nice ride J.

In gainesville (about 15 mins from where i am in GA) there is a huge community of mexicans. I dont care for the ppl too much just because a lot of them are drug lords and gang members.. but their cars look just like that, its fun to watch them bounce all over the place.. i would never put hydrolics on my silvy tho.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
Can you make out what is hanging on the ground by the rear axle?
Nothing fell off. Those are pressure cracks on the road surface. We have them all over our roads here in Michigan due to our weather after a couple summer/winter cycles.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

BTW it's Port Huron.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

that's what you get for having bad taste, imo.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GirlsDoItRight
lol nice ride J.

In gainesville (about 15 mins from where i am in GA) there is a huge community of mexicans. I dont care for the ppl too much just because a lot of them are drug lords and gang members..
Another idiotic post by you, I live in PSL, 90 mins north of Miami and we have a huge migrant community here. Gang bangers and drug lords? I could only wish that everybody I manage would work half as hard as the migrant workers.

Btw.. Im white.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01RedSS
Another idiotic post by you, I live in PSL, 90 mins north of Miami and we have a huge migrant community here. Gang bangers and drug lords? I could only wish that everybody I manage would work half as hard as the migrant workers.

Btw.. Im white.
"another" idiotic post? That may be the first racial thing ive said. I am not being discrimnatory at all towards the Spanish race. I was saying the people in Gainesville, GA consit of a lot of Spanish Gang bangers and drug lords.. they do work very hard. I am not saying they dont. My guy who does my tires is Mexican and I have been working with him for over 5 years. I have no probably with the race as a whole... idk if you've ever been here.. but in tht particular area there is a problem with drugs. There arent enough jobs.

So before you want to call me out as a racist or imply that... how about you ask for the whole story.

Thanks. Good Day.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

1. I seriously doubt that truck is on air ride. It would have to be on hydraulics to pull a 3-wheel like that. Hydros and Air are somewhat similar in final outcome, but work in totally different ways. I believe that is called a "runaway" or something similar. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7349 <---good read on hydros and how they operate and problems that can happen.

I notice you refer to the setup as either "air" or "hydros" many times as if they are the same things, just letting you know they operate in completely different manners and are not related, only their final outcome is.

If the truck was on Air that just wouldn't happen as you only get 7-8" of travel up front and 10-12 out back depending on your setup. My 4-link canti setup allows me 12" of travel

2. Doubt the frame is twisted. I can hit a pretty hard side and stuff my tires like that (notice in my sig where the truck is leaning over) He likely has a step-notch to allow that much travel (as do I)

3. Not sure about the racist comments, but whatever, i'm used to taking crap for my truck, I don't care as i'm not the one with the narrow mind here.

4. I agree, that picture is funny, I don't know what i would do if i could pull a 3-wheel like that
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GirlsDoItRight
"another" idiotic post? That may be the first racial thing ive said.
Might be the first racial thing you have said, but not the first stupid post I have seen by you.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303697
Old 04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok, watch the personal attacks. Get this thread back on topic.

Quick Reply: Silverado on hydro's? lol