Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Silverado SS get beatn by Heim ***VIDEO***

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have to say something here guys. I have an 03 Silverado SS and i think it is a nice truck. I paid 31 G's for mine that is nowhere near 45 G's. That is closer to L prices. Plus you get alot more truck. 1/4 mile times with just a couple of mods on my truck....14.8 @ 91.01 mph Not bad for a pig ......even when it weighs 5650 with me and 1/2 tank of gas. What mods do i have? Superchips, Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N drop filter. $$$$$$ about $500.00 bucks. I have time slips to prove it. Plus from a 65 to 70 roll i smoked a rcsb Hemi Ram.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Launching!

I have raced two hemis, Both had Ext Cabs (or whatever Dodge calls em). Left both of them in the dust. Of course the supercharger might have something to do with that
Old 01-03-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383ss
I didn't buy it cause I think it's fast as hell, not that I'm not going to mod the **** out of it
I got it cause it looks great, I can drive it in all weather and I can tow my 99SS to the track with it.
This was exactly my point ... the SS isn't targeted at the performance market and doesn't compete in the performance market in my opinion. It wearing the SS badge is misleading I think.

David .. you don't have a regular SS either. Your's falls more under what a SS should run like.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by David Cairns
I have raced two hemis, Both had Ext Cabs (or whatever Dodge calls em). Left both of them in the dust. Of course the supercharger might have something to do with that
I think i know you from the other forum.... nice truck. I plan on supercharging mine soon but i think i am going to go with cam and shift kit and servo next.I think we also found a AWD dyno in Atlanta. I will post some numbers on the other board when i get them.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

If the camera man would have followed the trucks, i think the outcome of a lot of those races would have looked differently.

But either way, not many people on this site have to worry about hemis anyways. . . I know i dont...
Old 01-04-2004, 02:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Some magazine tested a reg cab 2wd hemi, and an SS, and they trapped almost exactly the same stock vs stock.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

yeah but the hemi wasnt stock....it had catback and gears which should of help out more!!!!Hemi just doesnt run that good i have raced 2 hemis from a club here in TX RGV and they get left behind right out of the holes......and that was back when my Silverado was Stock the only thing i had was a Filter cone which i got from a LT1 cold air induction!!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

as for the $45k price tag...i do not know anyone that paid that much for their SS..got mine out the door for $34,500...most of us that bought the truck have been buying chevy's for years and have good relationships with the dealers...it isn't a truck for everyone...i didn't buy it because i thought it was fast...i bought it becuase it looked good and i knew not many other people would have them around...hemi's are to opinions as opinions are to ********...everyones got one...kind of kicking myself now i could have 2 of those worthless goats in my backyard rusting up... i must have been ...
Old 01-07-2004, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

GM needs to get their heads out of their asses soon and put some power to the ground. if they are going to put SS badging on something, make it live up to it like in the old days of the chevelles, novas, camaros, etc. the lightnings have dominated for some time now and now blowpar has the hemi and there are already tons of aftermarket accessories available for them. the SRT-10 is already available and if ford releases the new lightning, there won't be any bowties keeping up anywhere. COME ON GM!!
Old 01-08-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The first day we were in Edingburg on 12/12/03 there was a single cab hemi running a best time of 15.96. So if it beat the SS, it probably wasn't stock.

Quick Reply: Silverado SS get beatn by Heim ***VIDEO***