Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Some things I learned from the car salesman today:

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just proves the point that you need to do your own homework before you buy a new vehicle. if you believe the saleperson knows everything about the car/truck your looking at then your on crack. when i bought my truck i asked the guy politly to leave me alone and i will decide which one when i was done. he obliged and made a coin off of me vs bug me and try to fill me full if half truths and run me off the lot.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:30 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyer
An air filter / intake swap can increase the mileage by 2 or 3 mpg. The new intake system costs about 112 bucks and is called the 'tornado or twister or something like that'.
You mean this?

http://www.myauto.tv/tfs/?PHPSESSID=...2213fc5c9bda45

HAHAHAHAH
Old 09-21-2004, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Well, we have the same stupidity covered here in Rome,Ga as well. I was at the dealer with my friend when he bought his truck, and they had a CTS-V in the showroom. I was looking at it and automatically a guy steps up and starts yapping off about how fast it is, even makes the comment that its the fastest's prodcution vehicle GM has ever made . So basically i simply inquire about the Z06 thats sitting 3 cars down from it, and he says....oh noooo it will smoke that thing like its standing still.......nothing beats the power of a Caddillac .

The sad part was.....you could tell he was serious and he actually believed himself and even said "I sell the cars, so i should know". So after i ripped out the HP difference along with weight difference and 1/4 mile times established by both vehicles stock. He seemed like he was just demolished that i obviously knew what the hell i was talking about, and he was without a clue. I even went as far as showing him the HP difference that is CLEARLY stated on the window stickers of the cars. He just walked off and dissappeared
Old 09-21-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No .. although the H2 is on a 3/4 ton frame and has the 80e.

I verified this in the literature the guy handed me. The H2 engine has 9.4:1 compression, that's not the lq9.
Okay, I went to the Hummer site and saw that it only has 325HP - so it is an LQ4. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Okay, I went to the Hummer site and saw that it only has 325HP - so it is an LQ4. Thanks.
Yup ..

I verified this in the literature the guy handed me. The H2 engine has 9.4:1 compression, that's not the lq9.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

sad thing is that somebody that doesnt know what theyre looking at would believe the salesman, i guess if youre going to buy a hummer you have the money for 15k in upgrades, lol.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah well I went to a dealership here in Houston, Beck and Masten GMC, and was looking to test drive the 2500HD Crew Cabs. I wanted to drive a 6.0 and the Duramax. Well, they had a few hd's on the lot. and I test drove a 6.0 and it was pretty good. The salesman talked my damn ear off but didn't have a clue. Then I was like, what about a D-max, and the salesman said well we don't have a diesel on the lot. At this time the sales manager comes out to check up on things, I think this salesman was new. He say sure we have a d-max, its a demo model. I'm like well, I'm just testing right now, so sure I'll drive it. They bring it up there and its dead quiet and no d-maz emblems on it. I play stupid. I was like damn this thing sure is quiet for a diesel, can't even hear it running, sales manager is like yeah, they made these new diesels silent. I was like can I pop the hood, sure enough it was a 6.0, no d-max. I was like well if this is a diesel then why isn't there any emblems and why did yall stick a 6.0 in it? Manager told me no, this is a d-max. I told him to come to the hood and look me straight in the face and tell me it was a diesel. He stood to his story, I told him he was full of **** and show me the paperwork that says this is a diesel, he goes inside and won't come back out to talk to me anymore.

I won't be going back to Beck and Masten.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty pathetic, but not surprising.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Wow... just wow.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SierraCrew
Yeah well I went to a dealership here in Houston, Beck and Masten GMC, and was looking to test drive the 2500HD Crew Cabs. I wanted to drive a 6.0 and the Duramax. Well, they had a few hd's on the lot. and I test drove a 6.0 and it was pretty good. The salesman talked my damn ear off but didn't have a clue. Then I was like, what about a D-max, and the salesman said well we don't have a diesel on the lot. At this time the sales manager comes out to check up on things, I think this salesman was new. He say sure we have a d-max, its a demo model. I'm like well, I'm just testing right now, so sure I'll drive it. They bring it up there and its dead quiet and no d-maz emblems on it. I play stupid. I was like damn this thing sure is quiet for a diesel, can't even hear it running, sales manager is like yeah, they made these new diesels silent. I was like can I pop the hood, sure enough it was a 6.0, no d-max. I was like well if this is a diesel then why isn't there any emblems and why did yall stick a 6.0 in it? Manager told me no, this is a d-max. I told him to come to the hood and look me straight in the face and tell me it was a diesel. He stood to his story, I told him he was full of **** and show me the paperwork that says this is a diesel, he goes inside and won't come back out to talk to me anymore.

I won't be going back to Beck and Masten.

Ya I never have Liked Beck and Masten!

Quick Reply: Some things I learned from the car salesman today: