Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

speedometer not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it should be covered on ALL vehicles regardless of milage, they build it with a faulty stepper.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you shouldn't have an issue i had over 300,000KM on my old truck when my cluster started acting up and they still managed to fit my truck into the "special policy"
Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

well thanks guys I'm callin my dealer tomorrow, will keep you guys posted!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called one local one here and they want 650 buckets, i said BS and hung up
Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Teching In

well guess what? the service manager said they would not cover mine. reason is that since my truck has a different face on the gauge panel that voids any warranty. (?) when I bought my truck, I was told that all warranty work would be handled thru any GM dealership. he quoted me a price of around 300 to 450 for repairs. my truck is a RST Regency silverado but still has the chevy mechanism on the speedo. I don't know guys seems like I"m gettin the shaft some how, what you guys think?
Old 09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZAPP59
well guess what? the service manager said they would not cover mine. reason is that since my truck has a different face on the gauge panel that voids any warranty. (?) when I bought my truck, I was told that all warranty work would be handled thru any GM dealership. he quoted me a price of around 300 to 450 for repairs. my truck is a RST Regency silverado but still has the chevy mechanism on the speedo. I don't know guys seems like I"m gettin the shaft some how, what you guys think?

Nah dude, they're telling you the truth. Here's how it flows down.....when you purchase a Regency truck, abeit a new Chevy, Ford or GMC, it is classified as a CONVERSION TRUCK. Which means, that int turn, GM or Frod will not honor the warranty and will warranty block, the items that are replaced, modified or upgraded by the Conversion Company. In essence the Conversion Company puts on a diffrent IPC Guage Face or some painted mirrors or some projector headlights or whatever, then GM will not warranty that particular part. They will warranty the stock items that havent been modified or changed. The truck is purchased by the dealer, from the Conversion Company (in your case Regency) so at this point, the Conversion Company is held liable for any warranty repair of only the items that they had changed or modified. Like lift kits, wheels and all that. Here's the kicker.....regency is now defunct, to the best of my knowledge and you have NO COVERAGE NOW. That's why we WILL NOT SELL REGENCY OR CHOO CHOO CUSTOMS conversion vehicles.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Teching In

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon and I have the same problem...I had no idea what it was so I took the cluster out opened it up and looked at it. Noticed the needle was cracked and basically rubbing against the numbers so I used alittle bit of glue to glue it back together.

My question is do you think they will still warranty it under the "special plan". It has alil over 100,000 miles on it.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon and I have the same problem...I had no idea what it was so I took the cluster out opened it up and looked at it. Noticed the needle was cracked and basically rubbing against the numbers so I used alittle bit of glue to glue it back together.

My question is do you think they will still warranty it under the "special plan". It has alil over 100,000 miles on it.
No...not at all. But some GM Service Facilities are different. I won't warranty one in my shop with 100K miles on it. GM extended the warranty coverage to 7 years OR 70,000 miles. After that, it's customer pay my friend.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Teching In

hey thanks torqwrench for clearing that up for me, i just felt that way cause me and the service manager have a little history and also because I was told from regency that any gm dealer would honor the warranty. so now what can I send that to somebody and get it fixed or can I order parts and do it myself? what do you think?
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZAPP59
hey thanks torqwrench for clearing that up for me, i just felt that way cause me and the service manager have a little history and also because I was told from regency that any gm dealer would honor the warranty. so now what can I send that to somebody and get it fixed or can I order parts and do it myself? what do you think?

Yeah that shoulden't be a problem. M<ost dealers have a AC Delco Repair Center that they use to send off Instrument Clusters, Nav Systems and CD PLayers for repair. For instance, they use a flat rate repair so if I were to have ordered what we call and Advanced Exchange repair cluster, it would cost the customer $225.00 and I'd have to have the old one for a core charge. But where your's id a Regency cluster they would repair it and send you your oroginal one back, with all the aftermarket trim and so forth. But the cost would still be about the same. There are several facilities on the net if you search for them, that do that same thing. You just gotta look.

Quick Reply: speedometer not working