Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Spray-On Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray-On Bedliner

I think im gonna go with the rhino lineing. anyone have any commets about it or likes dislikes. my dad and brother have them in there truck never had a problem but i was just wondering
Old 04-15-2004, 01:09 AM
TECH Regular

Default I like my spray on liner.

Originally Posted by 4.8redchev
I think im gonna go with the rhino lineing. anyone have any commets about it or likes dislikes. my dad and brother have them in there truck never had a problem but i was just wondering
I don't have a Rhino, i have a Line-X and i'm glad i got it. I have had no problems with it. It has fadded in the sunlight some, they had a spray that was supposed to lessen that efffect, but it had to be applied soon after application. I didn't care if mine faded though. I've got a soft-tonneau on it now anyways.

I probably would have gotten a Rhino, but at the time when i had mine done, there weren't any nearby dealers. Line-X was closer so that's who i went with. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I don't haul a whole lot with mine, but the Rhino does look thicker to me, so if you do a lot of hauling it might hold up a little better. I could have paid a little extra and gotten what they called their "comercial" spray-on. I think it was for people that haul stuff everyday. Anyways it's one of my favorite mods, even if it doesn't make me any faster
Old 04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought my truck used and the owner prior to me had the Rhino Liner sprayed in it. When I bought it the dealer said he had it done when he first bought the truck. Well now 3 years later it still looks great, but it has faded a little but nothing to be worried about. I really don't ever put anything in the bed so that might be why it looks so good. It is a lot thicker than some of the sprayed in bed liners I've seen out there. I don't think you are going wrong with getting the Rhino Liner.

Does Rhino have different styles of sprayed in liners? The reason I ask is because my liner looks less abrasive than some of them I've seen and more rubberized.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Default Rhino looks thicker

Originally Posted by 2001si3rr@
I bought my truck used and the owner prior to me had the Rhino Liner sprayed in it. When I bought it the dealer said he had it done when he first bought the truck. Well now 3 years later it still looks great, but it has faded a little but nothing to be worried about. I really don't ever put anything in the bed so that might be why it looks so good. It is a lot thicker than some of the sprayed in bed liners I've seen out there. I don't think you are going wrong with getting the Rhino Liner.

Does Rhino have different styles of sprayed in liners? The reason I ask is because my liner looks less abrasive than some of them I've seen and more rubberized.
It looks to me like they put more rubber in their's. Mine has sort of the texture of sandpaper and like i said it's a Line-X. I would probably go with the Rhino. But i'm not complaining about mine because it has treated me well.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I guess they do put more rubber in their liner mixtures. Both are great products! I think a quality sprayed in bed liner is something you can't go wrong with, and should last a good while when treated right.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Just a few facts....

Rhino Linings are made from a pure polyurethane while Line-x is a pure polyurea. Polyurethanes are soft, polyureas have a much higher tensile strength but are hard and sometimes brittle.

Rhino Linings are sprayed from a low presure machine (about 85psi at the pump) Line-x is a high pressure system being applied at 1500psi. This means that a rhino takes longer to apply but that a line-x will have considerably more overspray. Infact, lost material is about 30% of a Line-x dealers total materials cost.

What this all means is that simply by the nature of there different characteristics a Rhino will generally be a softer, thicker bedliner but can be easily gouged or scrachted.

On the other hand, Line-x is a stronger product but is generally appiled much thinner in order to keep there cost down.

A Rhino Liner applied at the recommended 1/4" will add about 90 pounds to bed of the truck. Where as the thinner Line-x bedliner will weigh much less.

However, a bedliner is like a paint job. It's much more important who's doing he work than it is what is actually being applied. Poor preparation and workmanship will cause any bedliner to fail.

I am in the bedliner business and have sprayed both products. Currently I offer neither of these products because I've found a much better bedliner from VORTEX. It is a polyurethane/polyurea blend, sprayed at only 8-10 psi, and holds the best characteristics of both the other bedliners. Our materials cost is much lower now because of less lost material and we now pass that savings onto our customers. Vortex is a small company with less thaen 1000 dealers nationwide but you should be able to find one in your area.

If anyone has any bedliner questions please feel free to call our tech line at 832-788-0925.

Chris Witt
Absolute Mobile Accessories
Houston Texas
Now Spraying Vortex Bedliners
Only $299 for any size pick-up.
832-788-0925
Old 04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I compared the Line-X to the Rhino...I came to see the Line-X was a better setup. There was a lot of info on their websites and I also got samples. I've heard only a few bad things about the Rhino and all good for Line-X.

Either way you will have a nice liner.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:41 PM
14 Second Truck Club

i have rhino, my step dad has Rhino.. no problems ever... as long as it protects the bed and doesnt chip.. its all good.