Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

SSS almost stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSS almost stolen!

Yesterday morning at my work parking lot around 9:45 am two Hispanic's in a 03'-07' Black Chevy single cab short bed with SS badges and paper plates almost got my baby. I heard my alarm in my office, didn't take it as a big deal. Started walking to where the truck was parked and heard the motor fire up. I was like wtf in my head. Started running over to were I can see the hood open. Guy in the truck spots me running over and gets in there getaway truck wile I am literary trying to kick the getaway truck. If I was seconds later my truck would have been gone. They broke in with a screwdriver. Looks like the hit the key cylinder out, broke my ignition, got past my viper alarm and had some sort of relay under the hood. I would take a pic but the cops took it with them after I filed a report. These guys were good. Alarm was not activated longer then a minute. Anyone got any tips on helping stop this? I was thinking a hood lock would be a good start. Our handles where the lock cylinder is is made of plastic, weak! This is the third attempt in the last three years on my truck. All three times I was lucky enough to hear my alarm and scare them off.
Attached Thumbnails SSS almost stolen!-silverado-1.jpg   SSS almost stolen!-silverado-3.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need a shotgun loaded with buckshot..... just saying. Louisana has some good laws i think..

Only way around it that i see is putting a cutoff switch on your fuel pump..
gotta be back there in the rear on top of the tank or right under the cab where the wire loom goes in the frame.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Jimmi Jammers on my front door handles, but I know that doesn't prevent them from busting the window. Might consider doing a fuel pump cut-off switch, that's a great idea (to be added to my ever growing truck to do list)
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

dont do it under the hood tho.. the grey wire goes in the loom in the frame rail. its easy to find.. i believe its the only grey in there.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wire in pressure sensor in ur seat that has toggle switched hooked up as well so you have to be in the seat know where tje switch is thats what I did nobody drives my truck and its setup on a whieght scale so you have to wheigh as much as I do if ur trying to steal it
Old 12-13-2012, 03:36 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bastards . Hope they die. Sorry bout your luck .

Damn in broad daylight ????

Maybe get a car cover that looks like a ford or a dodge so no one will steal it ? Lol

I think a fuel pump cutoff is def the way to go .

I've got a good idea for mine that will be installed before she leaves the garage .
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I was furious when mine was broken into. I can only imagine 3 times.

All the alarms and fuel pump stuff is good, but around here they just use a tow truck and then gut the thing until it looks like a carcass.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

That is the worst feeling in the world some one stole my sound system once they tryed starting it but a kill switch stopped that...... that feeling sucks they broke my ignition and everything
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

kill switch on the ignition switch and a very well hidden toggle. i would unplug the main harness from the coil packs anytime i had my truck in an uncomfortable place. not very convenient but would keep them from getting it without a wrecker.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Power disconnect to your starter

Quick Reply: SSS almost stolen!