GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Stock 1/4 times

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:16 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 19ram89
most everyone over here on the chevy side has to replace motors
not really, know of a quite a few stock motors in the high 100k region. sold the 5.3 was in good shape, bought a junkyard 6.0 which became hurt

ppl go thru motors out of mishaps, not the manufactor. just our trans dont like power
Old 11-01-2007, 01:16 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by 19ram89
yes they are. how did our discussion based on facts turn to brand bashing. is that how yall chevy people do it over here
no body esle is in this thread so im bored and tired. thats why
Old 11-01-2007, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on, admit that the 10 bolt isnt too stout either.....lol
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by rdhemi345
come on, admit that the 10 bolt isnt too stout either.....lol
actually the 10bolt is very stout but the damm carrier is teh weak link. now talking about the Fbody 10bolt then yes, its made of glass. you look at it wrong and it will go **** on itself
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to interject here....
Why does it have to be a brand war/flame?

I don't care what you drive, it's how you drive it that matters. You got a Dodge well bully on you. You got a Chevy well good for you too.

Personally i think Dodge makes some of the best looking trucks but they lack aftermarket support.
Me? I'm a Chevy, more of a GMC fan but i respect each for what it is. Dig?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Im not here to brand bash, just going along with quik, lol
I agree with you 100%, but what would racing be without some friendly competition, pretty boring. We come on here to get a little competition going with Regency, and fired everyone else up in the process, lol
Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

well i'm gonna leave on that one since everyones got quiet
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rdhemi345
Exactly, I was trying to post some facts but everyone started calling bs. I guess you could say I was bench racing with the qc but ive already tested the combo and I know it will work, but just dont have video proof of a QC doing it, so I will be sure and get some video and slips pretty soon.
the facts you posted were that a qc hemi with bolt ons was knocking on the door to 12's. but you still dont have anything to back that up. bench racing is great like quik said but it really is bs until there are numbers to back it up.

and i'd have to think that the hemi's been out now what 3,4, 5 years? if it was going to happen i would think it probably already would have.

i think it would be great if it happens for you guys but if it doesnt it doesnt. but dont say it will strictly cause of some mathematical figures youve made up in your head. that sounds a lot like the toyota guy mikecheat who goes by a stopwatch on his video recorder to determine his 0-60 time.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well yea he got better times at the same track as me, but thats in the middle of the winter and this is in the summer months or was when i went and ran along with his truck running with everything working properly together. when i can get a day like he had well see what happens. and along with it the only thing that i have different is the shitty converter, and a cam. If the converter isnt matched to the cam its gonna be a slug too. i mean what truck have you ever seen that ran a 13.3x @ 99 with a 1.9 60ft. theres something still wrong with it that i cant figure out at the moment but i will soon and when it happens i hope the dodges are still running strong with all of there mods. from now on everytime i go to the track im gonna make sure to try and get all of you to go and race me so that theres no more this day, that day, this weather, that weather, and all the other crap just put all the mods back on them and and do what ever yall do and be ready for a phone call to go.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rivierakid55
the facts you posted were that a qc hemi with bolt ons was knocking on the door to 12's. but you still dont have anything to back that up. bench racing is great like quik said but it really is bs until there are numbers to back it up.

and i'd have to think that the hemi's been out now what 3,4, 5 years? if it was going to happen i would think it probably already would have.

i think it would be great if it happens for you guys but if it doesnt it doesnt. but dont say it will strictly cause of some mathematical figures youve made up in your head. that sounds a lot like the toyota guy mikecheat who goes by a stopwatch on his video recorder to determine his 0-60 time.
You need to go back and read what i wrote.... I said COULD not WAS. And I didnt make up figures, ive already put them to the test on the track..what does your truck run?

Quick Reply: Stock 1/4 times