Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Stock center lug nut caps????

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock center lug nut covers????

Got a couple of questions for everone. What holds on the stock center lug nut covers on the older late 90's wheels on the 4WD models, you know the ones I'm talking about???? The smooth covers with just the small pry slot to remove them. I'm thinking they are just spring clips or something similar. If you have these post a pic if ya can. The reason why I ask is I'm going to make some covers for my 2002 to replace the ugly *** plastic ones. We sell CNC equipment at work and I can use the equipment any time I want. If they tun out cool I will probably sell some to whoever wants em. I plan on making a few differnt styles as well and am open to suggestions on look if you have any. I know everyone does not have hundereds or even thousands of dollars laying around for new rims and tires and this would at least make your stockers look better. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

TG02Z71, I am pretty fluent in AutoCAD 2004 if you need some help in drawing up some caps. Let me know I think this could be a great way to add a custom touch to a truck for relatively cheap about of money. Also if people have some designs that you want to see draw something up in paint or by hand and send them my way. I am willing to draw them up to scale in AutoCAD when I have some free time. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

TG02Z71, I am pretty fluent in AutoCAD 2004 if you need some help in drawing up some caps. Let me know I think this could be a great way to add a custom touch to a truck for relatively cheap about of money. Also if people have some designs that you want to see draw something up in paint or by hand and send them my way. I am willing to draw them up to scale in AutoCAD when I have some free time. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cakes
Cool, I'll let you know if I need some help, I as well am good with Auto-Cad, and also have surfcam and Delcam's power Mill to do 2D and 3D programming with. Over the years I have made some pretty cool stuff for motorcycles and cars. I'll keep you in the loop as far as anything I make!!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

I think I should have put this one in Appearance to get a better response. If anyone has the old center caps please tell me how they hold to the rim or snap me a pic. Thanks guys.

TTT...........