Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Street Racing vs. Track racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Racing vs. Track racing

I just want to ask why those of you that do street race do so and why those of you that go to the track do so? Is it due to the fact that street racing is closer and more abundant in areas and that tracks are too far and charge too much? Just curious because in teh past three weeks we have had at least one death or major accident in the d/fw area.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Default Re: Street Racing vs. Track racing

i try not to run on the street, i guess i'm just getting older,and have a kid on the way. but dont get me wrong i have done my share and then some of the street racing. hard to pass up the chance to embarras the horse power challeged.but i would rather do it at the track. less chance of coming up against an idiot that doesnt take it for fun if he gets beat
Old 08-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Truck addict

i guess for me, i like track cause i can get a time and it is controlled and there is a prize in the end. the thrill is there, but not like on the street. i haven't had many street races with my truck but i know when to let out as well. if i lose i lose. no need to take it to a 100 if i have too. to me, if i get gained on and aren't coming close then it is time to save face and live for another day. curvy roads to me are no fun to race on either. i don't have that type machine.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

yah i know what you mean. truck loves to go straight. screames when you take a corner to fast, even with wide tires. on the other hand my buddy has a grand am gt that loves corners, but hates to go in a straight line when its next to my truck. just cant keep up for some reason
Old 08-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Truck addict

01 thunder said it right. i have a young one coming as well. granted, i should be past this stage already but i aint. i like it. when my baby comes, the work car (prizm) will probably go for a trail blazer. we had a navigator but someone decided they wanted it more. (so good for them) my truck will start to become a truck again and i will start to care less what happens on the street. in the meanwhile, i do make sure the environment is right (to the best of my abilities) before i run someone on the road.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Truck addict

grand am gt. uncle had one of those, felt good till he ran it next to my z. i was embarrased for him. hahaha
Old 08-03-2003, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

its funny how your views change drastically when i newbe comes.but i will forever be a performance fanatic.when i go they will probably have to pry my cold stiff fingers from a steering wheel
Old 08-03-2003, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

well i can dog his gt but his other car puts me in my place........72 gto running high 12's
Old 08-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Truck addict

yea, i'd say, you would be put in your place with a gto. that equals got.... well, when my new one gets here, i think i am gonna leave the truck alone since he/she will have to ride in it and get me a older camaro to play with. i won't be able to justify working on the truck as much plus, it gives me a good excuse to buy a "shop" car to play with, with the premise that it will be sold when i am done. (yea right)
Old 08-03-2003, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

wish i could say that but i would just be lyeing. you know just have keep up with the younger ones so i can feel younger too

Quick Reply: Street Racing vs. Track racing