Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Suspended at work, need a pat on the back!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspended at work, need a pat on the back!

Looking for a good Christmas this year, got in trouble at work, and am getting a 160 hour suspension, starting December 4th. Well at least I get Christmas and New Years off. I haven't had those days off for 10 years since my current job! But man, my boss is an *** for giving this to me now, he couldn't wait till after new years!

Well it is partially my fault and I was in the wrong, but I didn't do anything to get a month off without pay! Well at least I didn't loose my job! Sorry won't go into what happened, but man, still, doesn't anyone have any Christmas or holiday spirit.

This is what is wrong with our society today, it is a total screw everybody else mentality amoung people. No body cares about anybody else, and employers don't want to take care of thier employees.

It is like when I used to be a mechanic 11 years ago. I used to make $12.50 an hour when they charged $35 per labor hour. I have a couple of friends that are still mechanics and they make about $12.50 an hour, when labor is like $65 to $75 nowadays. What happened to paying your help well, and people wonder why a lot of mechanics don't give a crap about thier workmanship. It's all about the owners making bank and top dollar! I mean come on, what movie star needs $20 million to make a movie, or look what a lot of athletes are making now a days!?

Well sorry, just feeling a little bad, and needed to vent!
Old 11-24-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Man that sucks. Looks like you need to beat someone up.

Ah well, I am taking a week off from work and school here starting tomorrow. Now I can finally sleep, do some wrenching, watch a few movies, and try to get the damn cam timing set on my F-150! Distributors are like voodoo!

You are formally a Ford tech...any tips for me?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks.. You have all this time off to find a better job.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

This is what is wrong with our society today, it is a total screw everybody else mentality amoung people. No body cares about anybody else, and employers don't want to take care of thier employees.

I'm sorry, but how do you feel like you got "screwed", or that they "don't want to take care of their employees"? If you did something that deserved a 4 week suspension, you are lucky that they didn't fire you, IMO. Maybe he is letting you keep your job because of holiday spirit.

Shawn
Old 11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

hodgeee, how many times do I have to tell you....Don't sell drugs out of the trunk of your squadcar.

J/K man, sorry for the bad luck.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

at least you know when your going back to work.
works so slow around here i dont know when or how long i will be able to work. and now christmas is coming and i have a baby comin in feb., but hey nobodies keeping count. enjoy your vacation thats what im trying to do.(thinking about that damn honey do list right now )
Old 11-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Thumbs down

Damn not good. I assume you are not a mechanic and only using that as an example. Basically you got hammered

Sent ya a PM!

Good luck keep your head up!

Ken
Old 11-25-2003, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man Hitman, havent done a came swap on a ford in over 12 years, sorry I'm about as helpfull as a guy sitting at an intersection saying I will work for food.

01 Thunder, sorry to hear about your delima, sometimes I forget how good I got it sometimes!

Spanky LS1, well your post makes me feel a lot better(gee thanks for the encuraging words, not)! Well I wish I could go into full detail of what happened but I am not allowed, I really did get screwed, I made a simple mistake that has happened many times before with others, but now they want to make an example out of someone. By hurting someones family by punishing them, is no way to run a business or be a good person. It is entirely up to one person on this discipline, and I found out he can dish it out whenever he wants. Punishment is fine, but intending to make it stick during the Holiday season is just mean and unneccesary.

What I was trying to say, is that our moral fiber in America today has diminished, and I hate to see that there are so many people out there that don't want to be brotherly to one another, it has become a me society, and it is a shame. Just wishing for world peace guys.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by hodgeee
Man Hitman, havent done a came swap on a ford in over 12 years, sorry I'm about as helpfull as a guy sitting at an intersection saying I will work for food.
D'oh well, thanks for replying. If I was homeless I'd have a sign that says "Screw it, I need money for beer"