Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Texas truck guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas truck guys

Have any of you guys ever thought about creating like a car club for the trucks?
It'd be like a LS1Tech meet, but we could get it a lil more organized and have shows and stuff. Just an idea.......
Old 12-03-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that would be an awesome idea. I wished there was more involvement here in southern TX. I think there is only 4 member that post here from the RGV.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

I never thought about it but I think it would be a good idea.

What do we need to do to start one?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

You'd of course have to come up with a name that everyone votes on democratically. You'd need to make sure there was a signifigant amount of trucks (which I think there would be) Then we'd all need to meet up somewhere (central location) and pretty much go from there. Have a group of people in charge of things. Everyone would definitely need to be mature, because I have had plenty of experiences with "car clubs" if you want to call them and they have never worked out because of drama, and I know many guys including myself are kinda leery about trying to get something started because of past experiences. Wouldn't it be awesome to get a huge group of Texas guys and go to different states like Louisiana where there are also a lot of truck guys? Maybe I'm just a dreamer, but I'd think it'd be kickass.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:59 AM
I Like Gold!!!

quit laying around and come up with a name sypder
so we can all meet up at the january cruise and
talk about it.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

If there is a meet in January then that would be the best time to talk more about it, but let us not forget about it either.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

I'll put my honest opinion in.......

Honestly, like santiago said, the idea sounds good, but if you've ever been in a car club, you know what can happen. Lets just say i've had my share of experiences. I used to be a board member and original of the 3 that started one (that is still around today and im sure youve all heard the name) and have been around enough clubs to know, things dont always go right, infact half the time they dont. Its hard to imagine now what can go wrong, but things can go sour.

Its little things, from club money being used incorrectly, to people not showing up to events (that need to), to other clubs talking trash, and/or one bad member creating a bad image, to people not agreeing, blah blah blaaaaah, its little stuff that builds up after a year. Its human nature youd expect, but can only tollerate for so long. How many clubs do you know of that got drama going on. ALL of them. Every club in this town is labeled with an image. Some are known as "slow asses" others as "dipshits", "highschool kids" others as "rednecks", others as "rice". I don't care how old or mature anyone is, there is and will be conflicts, people will get upset and people will not like opinions. From houston f-body, to westside mustangs, to ICCH, man they all got their labels, good or bad.

Its pretty much all politics.

I don't know. I do know i've been there before....... From getting stickers, to organizing meets and events (you guys couldnt tell? ), and so on. IMO we're all a bunch of LS1Tech guys. If a club is started, naturally a barrier, or a split shall we say, evolves.

Honestly, I'm likin the fact we all got our rides, and can do our thing. I like the LS1Tech group concept, with no strings attached. IMO its the most successful form of gathering. Just my opinion.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SportVortech
I'll put my honest opinion in.......

Honestly, like santiago said, the idea sounds good, but if you've ever been in a car club, you know what can happen. Lets just say i've had my share of experiences. I used to be a board member and original of the 3 that started one (that is still around today and im sure youve all heard the name) and have been around enough clubs to know, things dont always go right, infact half the time they dont. Its hard to imagine now what can go wrong, but things can go sour.

Its little things, from club money being used incorrectly, to people not showing up to events (that need to), to other clubs talking trash, and/or one bad member creating a bad image, to people not agreeing, blah blah blaaaaah, its little stuff that builds up after a year. Its human nature youd expect, but can only tollerate for so long. How many clubs do you know of that got drama going on. ALL of them. Every club in this town is labeled with an image. Some are known as "slow asses" others as "dipshits", "highschool kids" others as "rednecks", others as "rice". I don't care how old or mature anyone is, there is and will be conflicts, people will get upset and people will not like opinions. From houston f-body, to westside mustangs, to ICCH, man they all got their labels, good or bad.

Its pretty much all politics.

I don't know. I do know i've been there before....... From getting stickers, to organizing meets and events (you guys couldnt tell? ), and so on. IMO we're all a bunch of LS1Tech guys. If a club is started, naturally a barrier, or a split shall we say, evolves.

Honestly, I'm likin the fact we all got our rides, and can do our thing. I like the LS1Tech group concept, with no strings attached. IMO its the most successful form of gathering. Just my opinion.
Ok, now that Dino wont be included........
Old 12-03-2003, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

well ****, just my honest opinion..... Not saying it shouldn't happen, im just telling you what you can expect. Its politics.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiburon
I think that would be an awesome idea. I wished there was more involvement here in southern TX. I think there is only 4 member that post here from the RGV.

im in south tx, .. but you.. your REAL south

thats "northern mexico" south

Quick Reply: Texas truck guys