Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Texas truck guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pewter03GMC
That's what is should be about right there .................. FUN!
I agree 100%
Old 12-04-2003, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

We already have a club. Team LS1Tech Truck Division. We have members in all 50 states and have meetings 24/7 via the web, at the sponsor and LS1Tech events and smaller event like the one we just had.

Seriously, I'm on this. I pretty much agree with Dino about the clubs though. Rules suck! and when you have a club with must do rules etc... things get out of hand. We talked a little about this at the park. We are going to put a few ideas together to bring the 3rd winter meet to include a few things and get as many as 50 truck there. There just has to be the incentive for the far away guys to attend. And that is what we are working towards.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

keep everyone posted on the winter meet cause I would like to go.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fast4.8
We already have a club. Team LS1Tech Truck Division. We have members in all 50 states and have meetings 24/7 via the web, at the sponsor and LS1Tech events and smaller event like the one we just had.

Seriously, I'm on this. I pretty much agree with Dino about the clubs though. Rules suck! and when you have a club with must do rules etc... things get out of hand. We talked a little about this at the park. We are going to put a few ideas together to bring the 3rd winter meet to include a few things and get as many as 50 truck there. There just has to be the incentive for the far away guys to attend. And that is what we are working towards.
Yes, we are LS1Tech Truck Division, however, we have one meet a year.
No problems with that, except what's to do for the rest of the year?
If we are the "truck division" what is presented to differentiate us from the rest of the LS1Tech site? Only the fact that we have trucks? Not trying to take anything away from the site, but just trying to get it more connected on a personal, more outgoing sort of way. About the rules, if its a "car club" yes they're needed, but if its just a "crew" so to speak, it would basically be for bbq's, meets, shows, fundraisers maybe, on a group level. Personally, I would like to be involved in a tight knit group instead of just saying, "I post on LS1tech" just my thoughts.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Yes, we are LS1Tech Truck Division, however, we have one meet a year.
No problems with that, except what's to do for the rest of the year?
If we are the "truck division" what is presented to differentiate us from the rest of the LS1Tech site? Only the fact that we have trucks? Not trying to take anything away from the site, but just trying to get it more connected on a personal, more outgoing sort of way. About the rules, if its a "car club" yes they're needed, but if its just a "crew" so to speak, it would basically be for bbq's, meets, shows, fundraisers maybe, on a group level. Personally, I would like to be involved in a tight knit group instead of just saying, "I post on LS1tech" just my thoughts.

well put.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:17 PM
I Like Gold!!!

quit crying sypder,but i agree with u all the way little man.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Gregs just talking about that one meet, nothing else.

We don't need some a name, some t-shirts, and some stickers on our rides to get that. I see what you're saying, there is a "brotherhood" factor in car clubs, as well as dedication, but there are other factors as well.

I just know you don't need an actual car club to get a close knit group together so they can feel part of something.

If we can stop the babbling and meet offline, have a couple beers, and discuss setting up some regular meets/events/cruises, you'll soon see that everything you're desiring, can be achieved without having to lay any laws down.

We got plenty of events coming up, that'll work swell for cruises. We got plenty of spots out here we can meet up for on weekends (even tho its all gone to crap). We also got plenty of strip clubs. You know i'm down, and it'll take awhile to realize who really is interested in being part of it, but eventually, there will be a good regular group going, there are just too many trucks and enthusiasts in the same city, not to. We just need to get off the board and talk about it.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you just say "swell" and then talk about "strip clubs" in the next sentance? LOL

I'm just not a big "Car Club" guy I guess. My lousy work schedule has to many conflicts and family life. But, I'll be glad to help organize something. How many guys are coming in March to the SBSO?
Old 12-04-2003, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast4.8
Did you just say "swell" and then talk about "strip clubs" in the next sentance? LOL

I'm just not a big "Car Club" guy I guess. My lousy work schedule has to many conflicts and family life. But, I'll be glad to help organize something. How many guys are coming in March to the SBSO?
If its in San Antonio, I am there.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am willing to travel to TX every winter to meet up with you guys!

Quick Reply: Texas truck guys