Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

That thing got a Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stupid aint i! i wasnt even thinking on the age difference! well actually when i got my truck it had 30k miles and i payed $18k brand new it was $21500.
the hemi sticker said $39975. 2wd, leather, tow package, adn those ugly 20"s he paid $38k with 8k miles on the odo. i still think i got the better deal! haha but thats me!

his dad had been raggin my silverado for a while too, he said with that 5speed and hemi, that chevy couldnt touch it. haha i had some bad news for him last night! haha then he calls us crazy for racing?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man i would seriously hurt my self on a motorcycle, especially a 9sec one. i cant even drive a yamaha yz 125, i hated the powerband especially on bumpy terrain. the honda xr400r is much more manageable! ill stick with my truck and plus it probably wouldnt even run a 16sec 1/4? i have never taken it to a track.. the nearest 1/4 track is in hattisburg i think and thats a good hour drive. what does a stock qc hemi run the 1/4 in anyways?????
Old 12-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
stupid aint i! i wasnt even thinking on the age difference! well actually when i got my truck it had 30k miles and i payed $18k brand new it was $21500.
the hemi sticker said $39975. 2wd, leather, tow package, adn those ugly 20"s he paid $38k with 8k miles on the odo. i still think i got the better deal! haha but thats me!

his dad had been raggin my silverado for a while too, he said with that 5speed and hemi, that chevy couldnt touch it. haha i had some bad news for him last night! haha then he calls us crazy for racing?

your friend got robbed $38k for a use truck you can get a loaded 4x4 quad cab new for less then that.......no wonder you beat him he probably had the emergency brake on and didnt know it...lol
Old 12-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Man i would seriously hurt my self on a motorcycle, especially a 9sec one. i cant even drive a yamaha yz 125, i hated the powerband especially on bumpy terrain. the honda xr400r is much more manageable! ill stick with my truck and plus it probably wouldnt even run a 16sec 1/4? i have never taken it to a track.. the nearest 1/4 track is in hattisburg i think and thats a good hour drive. what does a stock qc hemi run the 1/4 in anyways?????

my old suzuki ran 8.40s at 160 mph......i won alot of races on that bike

most bone stock quad cabs run low 15s with the 17 inch wheels....do the free tmr mod and your in the 14s.........the 20inch wheels are very heavy over 80 pounds each and slow the truck down alot
Old 12-17-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont let that run get to your head because there are several dodge trucks that will hand you your ***.......you ran a stock truck that had 20 inch wheels that are over 80 pounds each and are 33inch tall ......your truck has some mods and shorter tires 31inch tall which will give you guys about the same gear ......also the dodge has alot more weight then your truck......tell your friend to give me a email so i can give him some free and cheap mods so he can hand you your ***.......

your friend got robbed $38k for a use truck you can get a loaded 4x4 quad cab new for less then that.......no wonder you beat him he probably had the emergency brake on and didnt know it

H777, lighten up a little everytime the word Hemi comes up in a forum you start posting reasons why the person got beat, and how you can make their truck run alot faster by using "Free Mods". You told me once you dont lean toward a brand name, but you bought a dodge becasue they gave you a better deal on the truck, then why dont you just say "nice kill" and leave it at that. And just because the mods you did on your truck worked well for you doesnt mean it will have the same affect on others. And most quad cabs run 15.4-15.6 2wd. And most Dodge Hemi trucks dyno 255-285 depending on model and break in time ( I do believe in the break in time but every truck has one). Its okay to troll around to help answer questions when someone needs help or when someone asks questions ( I do it on other dodge forums all the time becasue they have lots of questions about chevys and I try to answer them) Just dont try to take anything away from this person expierence becasue any make or model can be beat. Not venting
Old 12-18-2004, 10:42 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by h777
my old suzuki ran 8.40s at 160 mph......i won alot of races on that bike

most bone stock quad cabs run low 15s with the 17 inch wheels....do the free tmr mod and your in the 14s.........the 20inch wheels are very heavy over 80 pounds each and slow the truck down alot
Well all the QC Hemi's here have been running 17's+ 1/4 times. Thats at 4000 ft. The RCSB have been running right there with me. So I guess I must be in the 14's arpund sea level.... I doubt it, but anything is possible, look at you truck.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So I just got out of a LOOONNNNNG *** conversation with my older sister's boyfriend.

He's also got a Brand New dodge ex. cab with the 5.7 liter HEMI....

Well anyways, the converstaion all started when he said, "Ya, once I get the chip installed in this thing It'll be pushing well over 400 hp..."

I said, "HA! ya right... you are ovbiously talking about flywheel here right?... cuz there is no way in hell you'd be even close to 400 w/ the mods you have"

... turns out he's got a k+n CAI and a flowmaster muffler.. blah, blah, blah, blah....

the converstaion went on about how most of these hemi's will smoke all the 6.0 SSS trucks and the fords and anything else..... I called :BS: on him all night

then I told him about how I was "THINKING" about buying an STS kit(which I already have ready to go on the truck)....

we are planning on racing pretty soon when we get the chance over this break, and even though I'm 100% sure that my truck will beat his all mighty HEMI as we speak, I am not going to tell him when I put the turbo on, and give him a little extra load in his pants a Real suprise that he's got to live up to
Old 12-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Launching!

hemi's SUCK!!!! LOL by the way nice kill.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
So I just got out of a LOOONNNNNG *** conversation with my older sister's boyfriend.

He's also got a Brand New dodge ex. cab with the 5.7 liter HEMI....

Well anyways, the converstaion all started when he said, "Ya, once I get the chip installed in this thing It'll be pushing well over 400 hp..."

I said, "HA! ya right... you are ovbiously talking about flywheel here right?... cuz there is no way in hell you'd be even close to 400 w/ the mods you have"

... turns out he's got a k+n CAI and a flowmaster muffler.. blah, blah, blah, blah....

the converstaion went on about how most of these hemi's will smoke all the 6.0 SSS trucks and the fords and anything else..... I called :BS: on him all night

then I told him about how I was "THINKING" about buying an STS kit(which I already have ready to go on the truck)....

we are planning on racing pretty soon when we get the chance over this break, and even though I'm 100% sure that my truck will beat his all mighty HEMI as we speak, I am not going to tell him when I put the turbo on, and give him a little extra load in his pants a Real suprise that he's got to live up to

dont you just hate it when people dont know what they are talking about, like once i was arguing a f150 only makes 218 at the rear wheels and the dude said like a million times oh its 300 . so ijust said all right man sure.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
It could be possible for 400 at the flywheel with a chip and injectors. The stock "hemi" heads flow good enough to support 425hp.

And yes, 425 was the factory rated hp for the 426 hemi.

=Dave

Quick Reply: That thing got a Hemi?