Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Think I struck a nerve on DTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoleit, from what I've seen as far as dodge guys go, you have about the best group of them from DTW right over here on LS1Tech, or atleast the ones that know whats going on other than window tinting and a booming stereo, and of course you always have the uninformed troll that pops in and says hello, and we probably feel the same way you all do about them....LOL. So whats the need to store AMMo like the above quoted post from who ever posted it.

GMCtrk, yes the 6.1 Hemi flow numbers are better than the LS7, check into it. It sounds hard to believe, but making 425HP, DC cranked this puppy out, and it was from a little bore and opening up the heads.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I seen a Ram last night, he had a sticker that read "Shittin fords and eatin Chevys" or something like that. So I had to own his a$$ in my Denali. Those type of people who would put something that ignorant on their truck for all to see, are the ones that **** me off. I have nothing against other truck enthusiasts, but the type who are as ignorant as that, deserve to have their *** handed to them by none other than Vortec powa!!
Old 01-17-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Now let's compare the hemi head to the ls7 head, can the hemi do 370cfm?
wow, thats fair

-thanks for the info rumble.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah Ac denali I agree with ya 100 % man, I still laugh my **** off on decals like that as well, it just kinda puts you in your place when you get smoked by either of the two.....LOL.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

dodge guys... too bad about the nissan titan waxing your hemi despite being rated 40hp lower.

car & driver:
Dodge Ram 5.7 - 0-60 8.0; 1/4 mile 16.2
Nissan Titan 5.6 - 0-60 7.6; 1/4 mile 16.0

Nissan Armada 5.6 - 0-60: 7.0 sec.; 1/4 mile 15.5
Dodge Durango 5.7 - 0-60: 7.2 sec.; 1/4 mile 15.4 (weighs 300 pounds less than armada)

How about towing a 6500lb trailer?
Dodge Ram 5.7: 17.4
Nissan Titan 5.6: 17.2
Old 01-17-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Jugs,you are dead on,the 5.3 trucks are dynoing at 240-250 range and the dodges are 250-260 range.WOW and rated 50HP higher.I would like to see 05 ram 4x4 and a 05 Z71 310 HP step on the dynos together.I bet they would be very close,then take them to the track.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
Stoleit, from what I've seen as far as dodge guys go, you have about the best group of them from DTW right over here on LS1Tech, or atleast the ones that know whats going on other than window tinting and a booming stereo, and of course you always have the uninformed troll that pops in and says hello, and we probably feel the same way you all do about them....LOL. So whats the need to store AMMo like the above quoted post from who ever posted it.

GMCtrk, yes the 6.1 Hemi flow numbers are better than the LS7, check into it. It sounds hard to believe, but making 425HP, DC cranked this puppy out, and it was from a little bore and opening up the heads.
Rumble Bee Ram - We appreciate guys like you coming over to share factual info in these threads. I agree that we've got some good Dodge guys over here lurking around, you included.

When you say the 6.1 flow numbers are better than the LS7 did you mean to say LS6? The LS7 heads in stock form are supposed to be in the 370cfm range. If the new Hemi heads are going to be above that well then, BRAVO Dodge.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

XLR............I speak that from the guy who owns my dodge dealership here in my town, he also owns the chevy/cadillac dealership here as well, we were talking about this same thing with his service manager a few weeks ago, the service manager got a hold of the 6.1 hemi spec sheet at a dodge school, although he couldn't take it home, he read up on it pretty good and couldn't believe it himself, he is a true GM guy and that was his findings. However, no magazine or article I have found yet releases any info on the 6.1 other than 425 HP, same block as the 5.7, bored and bigger heads to get the 425 HP. Should be interesting to see what it actually comes into the vehicles at or with, but us truck guys will not get it so its rumored, cars only and possibly in the 2500 and up series trucks, no 1500s yet. Unless they come in with a special edition SRT packaged truck, that might make me get one, 425 factory HP would be nice, unless they kill it with the trq mngmt.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

XLR............I speak that from the guy who owns my dodge dealership here in my town, he also owns the chevy/cadillac dealership here as well, we were talking about this same thing with his service manager a few weeks ago, the service manager got a hold of the 6.1 hemi spec sheet at a dodge school, although he couldn't take it home, he read up on it pretty good and couldn't believe it himself, he is a true GM guy and that was his findings. However, no magazine or article I have found yet releases any info on the 6.1 other than 425 HP, same block as the 5.7, bored and bigger heads to get the 425 HP. Should be interesting to see what it actually comes into the vehicles at or with, but us truck guys will not get it so its rumored, cars only and possibly in the 2500 and up series trucks, no 1500s yet. Unless they come in with a special edition SRT packaged truck, that might make me get one, 425 factory HP would be nice, unless they kill it with the trq mngmt.
Cool, should make things pretty interesting.

no 1500s yet
Might be a relatively easy swap though.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Jugs.........I don't even class the nissans and yotas with chevy, ford, and dodge. I still concentrate on the big 3, and its a close run on all of ours in the stock form, but that comparison on the dodge bound to have been a 4WD quad cab, I ran a 15.1 when it was humid as heck outside, and not alot of mods, and no traction, read one of my previous posts earlier up. So I guess it depends on which truck you run it against. What helps the titans is its steep 1st gear, it has chevy, ford, dodge, and yourtota beat there, but levels down after that, they have a good 0-60 time.

Quick Reply: Think I struck a nerve on DTW!