Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Think I struck a nerve on DTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else think those yellow rumble bee trucks look gay as hell

Id take an ls based motor over a hemi anyday, ls based motors are notorious in the hot rod community and on top of it they get alot better gas mileage.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just think most of them are jumping on the Hemi bandwagon and dont know ****. I mean its a good engine and all and I love like the trucks but I bet you not half of them were at least backing up the magnum when it was out. I just think they see Hemi and most of them really truly dont appreciate the meaning they just think they are bad ***. You know its like everyone who has jumped on the Patriot bandwagon knowing damn well the Raiders are the best .That my opinion.

And actually I like the rumble bee's, sorry.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

A very small percentage of those guys have the ability to work on there own vehical let alone understand how it works which is the opposite of this forum where a large % of members here can and do there own work.In other words the guys over there bragging it there's are the best,they know the least.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Y2K
I cant imagine you have learn much from being over there,i bet you taught them more than you got back.Any idea why AQC has been quiet for so long over there?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with Destruckive, When the magnum came out there was alot of people that didnt back up the hemi. Then the Jeep came out and then Ram members were complaining about how Chrysler is putting the Hemi in everything. Well that is what others has tried to tell them for 3 years now its just a marketing thing. Hell who said they should have used a legendary name such a the Hemi in the first place for a truck platform. I think they are good trucks with decent motors with a good potential on making power. I will have to draw the line though when you see Quad cab hemi 4x4 that are dressed up like a SRT10. BTW I heard that the the Rumble Bees did such a good job selling Chrysler decided to make more than the limited edition number orginally posted. Also they are ditching the Rumble Bee look and coming out with the Daytona version, YES yet another freaking version and I have seen picture of it and it was a Quad cab 4x4 with a very tall wing in the back. But if I were to buy one it would be just the plain jane RCSB stripper.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/auto...ona/page1.html

There it is the current replacement for the Rumblebee
Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 AM
14 Second Truck Club

My STS Vortec can beat there HEMI or should i just call it a STS
Old 01-11-2005, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
My "Vortec" can beat their "HEMI"
HAHA, My 4.3 Vortec Sonoma has smacked a few Hemi's around.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:29 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

I just find it funny that they consider the 5.7L "Hemi" to somehow be linked to the glorious racing heritage and legend of the 426 Hemi, when they share nothing in common OTHER THAN THE NAME! Yeah, that's legacy all right. It's a marketing ploy that DC has used to reel people in, and guess what--it worked! In spades!

I grew up on Mopars..the only reason I'm driving GMC's now is because of one salesman that wouldn't let me buy a 318 Dakota until I "brought my daddy" to his dealership back in 94. Needless to say, I went to the GMC dealer, ordered a Sonoma, and never looked back.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:39 AM
sfj
TECH Enthusiast

I always refer to my truck as,.... are you ready for this..... The truck.

Thats how I tell it apart from some of my cars in a conversation:

Q; "What are you going to drive today?"
A; "The truck"

See how nice that works. But what do I know. I must have 'HEMI envy'.

It seems to me that some of those guys are REALLY trying to compensate for some inadequacy with there HEMI
roflmao and yes the rumblebees are gay as hell no doubts on that

Quick Reply: Think I struck a nerve on DTW!