Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Think I struck a nerve on DTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hate to generalize, and I know that not everyone over there is like this, but a lot of those guys are so pro-Dodge/Hemi and anti-Brand X it's silly!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
A very small percentage of those guys have the ability to work on there own vehical let alone understand how it works which is the opposite of this forum where a large % of members here can and do there own work.In other words the guys over there bragging it there's are the best,they know the least.
You said it very, very well Gonzo! My response is in the thread, I kinda stopped using "Hemi" recently ( of course, STS implies Hemi on a NBS Dodge Ram anyway, not to steal your thunder Jerry ). BTW I am ktm520exc over there.
AQC/Chad has been getting his STS licence and first kit recently. Busy with that and personally I think disgust with the DTW site in general. I am converting to the HemiTruckClub site due to a more intelligent group of folks there. Kinda like when this site got formed from the dislike of the other site with "LS1" in its name....
Old 01-11-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some more fun comments to read this morning on my post, I had gentlemanly retort. I may be done with DTW, or at least I will stay out of the HEMI forum. I will read to see what can be done with my "truck" but I may not post much, don't need this **** for going against the grain. Hell most of them can't even spell Vortec right, they spell it Vortech as in the blower but they "know" the engine isn't ****. I really like my Ram (no disrespect intended here) but miss the information I could get on LS1TECH to mod my truck. Every site has a few gunghoers (sp?) that will jump on you for driving another brand but good God, I drive a Ram and I still got trashed for not being brainwashed about "THE HEMI".
Jim
Old 01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

You guys kill me! I guess it's time for me to hop in the old "6.0" and go for a spin.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowprocess
You guys kill me! I guess it's time for me to hop in the old "6.0" and go for a spin.
You mean your "Vortech" .
Old 01-11-2005, 12:44 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Its ok. I tried to register on the other Dodgetruck club site and I am getting deleted. I guess you HAVE to own a Dodge to post there.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That thread gave me a headache. You'd think after a while even the diehard Dodge guys that owned one would get tired of hearing the word "HEMI". I can't take it anymore.

<----Cringes in pain just from typing the H word.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Wish I could hop in the LS1 and take a ride.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scream
Wish I could hop in the LS1 and take a ride.
Well, you could but, might not be the best thing to do.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Either way, you have to hand it to them. They have alot of pride driving a truck with a ton of hype that really cant compete in the performance market.
I mean, seriously, with nitrous they can keep up with modded 4.8 and 5.3 trucks or those with equivelant nitrous setups. Im not bashing, I just dont see the source of this superiority complex and unfounded pride.

Quick Reply: Think I struck a nerve on DTW!