Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Think I struck a nerve on DTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What makes me laugh about those DTW guys are their "Mod Lists". I was just looking at acouple of them. Here are some of my favorites: Hemi Ram Decal, Synthetic oil, dash cover, chrome gas cap, red interior lights, and my favorite LED cup holder lights. Now I dont know a bout you but i could give a **** if you have that crap on your truck. They must not have many engine mods because the HEMI is so powerful from the factory that it would be too crazy if you started modding it. All I know is that I have NEVER lost to a HEMI and will NEVER loose to a HEMI. and if i did. by the next day that would have change HEMI DODGE RAM <- as a HEMI owner calls them
Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are very few mods for these motors, my 04 stripper regular cab ran 14.90's at 92 stock in good air and low 15's rest of the year. 14.82 at 92mph just a few weeks ago with just a flowmaster. I would never say I will never loose to a Hemi, as some say there are plenty of real Hemi's that would drag any of our trucks.

On a side note the Tx guys had a race here a couple of months ago. Stock to stock me at almost 4800 #'s and with a higher gear ratio ( peg leg 3.55 ) beat a bone stock 04 regular chevy with 3.73's the races were close, just a couple of tenths or more with similar mph's
Old 01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

So far over here in NC I have had no luck running to many of the chevy guys, I guess the see the HEMI emblems and run the other way......LMAO just kidding guys, but honestly most of the chevy guys in my area are 4 x 4 and none of them care to much for street or track racing, but do mud riding. I've ran a few stockers and haven't had any problems with them at all, they liked the tail lights
Old 01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

rumble bee 163????????
Old 01-14-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

I wouldn't say I'll never get beat by a Hemi. I'm sure there are some pretty quick ones running out there. To date I have only had the privelege of running one, my stock 04 5.3 crew cab vs a stock hemi quad. I pulled him, but barely. I'm sure I would fare much better these days with the mods I have. Most of the Hemi's I come up on won't run me. but I do pass them all the time. Every time I pass a gas station I see 2 or 3. lol.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Rumble ram Where in NC?Some one here im sure would like to meet up for a friendly race.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Rumble ram Where in NC?Some one here im sure would like to meet up for a friendly race.

Its too bad your not in Texas, I would offer you the same, I have an old el camino too, so chevy truck to chevy truck would be far I have seen you around on the boards, your a very negative person towards dodges, all I see you post is how crappy they are, how the fail, how the break and how chevys never have any problems. LS1tech needs to get all the trucks to come down in the area and run, the Mach 1 and Bullitt guys are doing something similar.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
So far over here in NC I have had no luck running to many of the chevy guys, I guess the see the HEMI emblems and run the other way......LMAO just kidding guys, but honestly most of the chevy guys in my area are 4 x 4 and none of them care to much for street or track racing, but do mud riding. I've ran a few stockers and haven't had any problems with them at all, they liked the tail lights
Woohoo! A hemi in NC to race! FINALLY!

I have the same problem as you in that I can't find a Dodge that wants to race.

What part of NC are you from? Another NC Chevy guy (Gamedawg) and I have been running the 1/4 in Fayetteville lately. There is also a Z-71 in Greensboro and a killer RCSB truck in Whiteville, but you don't want any of him. He's a L killer.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

It'll be interesting once head porting becomes readily available and maybe Comp comes up with a few trick lobes for the Hemi.

The aftermarket has to kick in sooner or later.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Just pointing out the fact that on your DTW board you can count on problem after problem being reported weekly on these new low mile dodges,on this board is rare to hear about a warrenty issues.Simply put,the dodges seem to break down more than other brands and the all mighty hemi isnt as awesome as some want to believe.Walked the dog on a QC hemi 4x4 from the light,ruined his day Im sure.

Quick Reply: Think I struck a nerve on DTW!