Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Think I struck a nerve on DTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

One quick 5.3..............you busted me man, after all this time!!!! Yep you got it right man! I live up on the north east end of NC, right off of I-95 near the NC-Va border. Some of you guys here know me, I am not over here cracking on you all now, you guys know I respect your rides and expect the same in return. But get more out of this site than half the junk over at DTW. I was a member here a while back when I had my silverado as well one quick 5.3, and enjoyed talking to you guys a bunch back then.

Hey, for the NC guys over here, or anyone really, we need to do a big GTG one day at a track here, get everybody togethor and have a chevy vs. dodge day, that would be a blast and I'm sure if we work togethor on it we can plan it out. I think we should go ahead and plan it, anybody wanna help, you guys send me a PM or E-mail me.

GONZO..............give it a break man, all vehicles, ALL, will break down at some given point, its man made!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Sport Side 5.3...........head porting/polishing is already being done to the hemis, there is 2 of us at DTW running ported/polished heads, rampant and myself. He went full out stage 3 on the porting and is getting a piggy system right now currently to better control fuel issues. I just went with a mild p & p and got some good results. But cams is going to be a no-no for the hemi, like you said, it'll have to be a trick lobe because they can't get the computer to react to it currently.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why cant I find any big mouth HEMI owners up here in Mass or NH???? I would love to show them what a REAL truck can do!!!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram
Sport Side 5.3...........head porting/polishing is already being done to the hemis, there is 2 of us at DTW running ported/polished heads, rampant and myself. He went full out stage 3 on the porting and is getting a piggy system right now currently to better control fuel issues. I just went with a mild p & p and got some good results. But cams is going to be a no-no for the hemi, like you said, it'll have to be a trick lobe because they can't get the computer to react to it currently.
Awesome. Wouldn't happen to have flow data for his or your heads? What about camshaft specs? Curious...

--Yeah you guys need some tuning.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rumble Bee Ram

Hey, for the NC guys over here, or anyone really, we need to do a big GTG one day at a track here, get everybody togethor and have a chevy vs. dodge day, that would be a blast and I'm sure if we work togethor on it we can plan it out. I think we should go ahead and plan it, anybody wanna help, you guys send me a PM or E-mail me.
I'd go for sure! I don't know how many trucks we could get back around the NC/SC/VA area, but maybe we ought to find out by getting a thread started here and on the Dodge sites.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tiburon
You mean your "Vortech" .
Old 01-14-2005, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
Why cant I find any big mouth owners up here in Mass or NH???? I would love to show them what a REAL truck can do!!!!!
That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?
Jim
Old 01-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?
Jim
i was thinking the same thing
Old 01-15-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Rumblebee
Your buddy rampart wouldnt listen to me at the time his motor was down, he had paid someone to R&R and port the heads ,i suggested he have the heads shaved .020 and send his cam in to compcams for a custom $100 re-grind and still to this day he and all the other hemi heads look at crosseyed at the idea of what a regrinds means.And as it turns out his custom porting gained zero on the dyno and a lean condition.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can say this about RumbleBeeRam, he a pretty nice guy that understands both sides of chevy and dodge argument. I know when I joined rumblebee.org, he told all the members not to flame me beasuse I own a chevy and told them i was cool. So im gonna say the same about him. Over the past 4-5 months I have posted over there and he has shown me the upmost respect. I appreciate that because that not the norm on dodge sites.

Quick Reply: Think I struck a nerve on DTW!