Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Tim Allen Says He Still Drives U.S. Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tim Allen Says He Still Drives U.S. Cars

Where are the Chevys? Wonder if all of his cars have glass packs?

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actor Tim Allen, one of Hollywood's most dedicated car nuts with a collection including Ferrari and Porsche nameplates, insists he's "still a guy from Detroit" with a stable of vehicles dominated by American cars.

Cadillac, Plymouth and Ford nameplates are well represented in his garage, with special focus on a 1956 F-100 Ford pickup truck that has a fully chromed, 1,100-horsepower Chrysler Hemi engine poking out of the hood.

It elicits the most boisterous testosterone-induced rants from the former ABC-TV "Home Improvement" star who will be seen in the Sony Pictures holiday release "Christmas With the Kranks."

"This is my work truck," Allen deadpans in the latest issue of Celebrity Car magazine, hitting newsstands on Thursday. Allen has a lifelong fascination with performance.

"My father started me on this," Allen said. "Every new car he got, even this big Ford station wagon, as soon as he got them home he'd change the manifold and put on glass packs (custom mufflers)."

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20040714/D83QHONG0.html

I think Parish and Tim need to line up their work trucks.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

To bad there are no pics of his work truck.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

I've seen the truck on "Rides" or some show like that. It's absolutely insane. A monster.

It's basically a pro-stock drag-truck with that motor in it. Open, like 5" exhaust. It's MUSIC to hear the cam surge on that thing, and to hear the whine from the blower...
Old 07-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Truck addict

i think he still owns two 94-96 style impalla's. one was a stocker and the other was full on race type car.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

I saw something a while ago about him putting a ZR1 engine built up by some guy from Chevy in an Impala.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think they should line them up too ... On the street and on street radials.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

He may own one of GM's "1997" prototype 502/4L80E impala ss's. If not then it was a clone i guess.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

He bought a mid 50's chevy truck on Barrett-Jackson with major bigblock and sidepipes
in the winter, like, abolute to die for gear, maybe that's the daily driver.

David
Old 07-16-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

That sounds about right, All-go...

The truck had the exhaust coming out of the rocker area of the bed, in front of the rear wheels.

I forget if they actually came through the sheet-metal, or if they were just under the body. I want to say they came through the sheet-metal.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Tah-dah:

The truck is a 1956 ford he bought it at Barret-Jackson this past january...this is from Barret-Jackson's site....

Introducing "Full Noise", a radical departure from your average 1956 F-100 Ford Pick Up. Owned and built by Ron Ebert, "Full Noise" is new for 2003. First shown at the 2003 54th annual Grand National Roadster Show where it won both the Sweepstakes and the Outstanding Engineered Truck Awards. Every panel of the all-steel body has been hand formed or modified in some way giving it the illusion of a down-sized F-100. The engine is a 426 Dodge Hemi with 9 to 1 compression and a comp cam. The blower is 14-71 Littlefield with Enderle Buzzard fuel injectors running on pump gas. Exhaust exits through 2 1/2" fender well headers, through ****lers to a 6" turn out on each side of the cab. The chassis features an altered wheelbase with the front and rear axles moved forward. The top has been chopped 3 1/2". Out a special shorty bed was built with hidden latches and giant wheel tubs surrounding the 16-gallon fuel cell. The interior features a smooth dash with no switches or levers showing. A vintage gauge cluster is centered in the dash and has been retro fitted with VDO gauges. Dark Blue Mercedes leather covers the bench seat and door panels while deep pile Dark Blue carpet covers the floor. Everywhere you look on the truck from the wheels to the engine there are custom machined fasteners and brackets. The undercarriage and inside the bed feature polished aluminum panels and have been punched full of aircraft style relieved holes for effect.

Quick Reply: Tim Allen Says He Still Drives U.S. Cars